Southampton Boat Show-used boats

John7

Visit site
I am thinking of going to the Southampton show but want to look at the used boat shows. I have found the Swanwick one but does any one know of others or have experance of them from other years?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Neal

Visit site
At Sanwick, there's Moody's and Deacon's right next to each other.

There used to be one at at Mercury Yacht Harbour, but I don't know if that still happens.

The one Ancastas, Lymington, can be worth the trip.

Have fun - personally I enjoy these more than the main boat show.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rob_Webb

Visit site
If (like me) you are never seriously in the market for a brand new boat then it is obviously slightly more productive time spent than the main show itself. But I have to say that from experience, I have found them disappointing in terms of finding the 'right' boat - anything decent gets snapped up very early whilst a lot of the other stuff is dross that hasn't sold to date via other conventional means. But don't be put off by my experience(!), certainly worth a visit but just don't go with huge expectations.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
There's the Oyster one at Saxon wharf, lower York Street. But their boats aren't "used", they're "pre -owned"!

<hr width=100% size=1>

iacle

Visit site
I'm looking for a secondhand bilge keel yacht around 27' & £20K - short list includes Westerly Griffon, Moody 27, Leisure 27 & Sadler 29. Am I likely to find any at Southhampton, or are they mostly 30'+ fin keelers?

<hr width=100% size=1>Ian

Bodach na mara

Visit site
From IoM you could try the Scottish "brokerage weekend" which is probably from 10 to 13 October this year. There are events at Troon, Ardrossan, Largs, Kip and Rhu with a wide variety of types of craft available.

<hr width=100% size=1>Ken Johnson

Talbot

Visit site
At that price you may be able to pick up an older 8m Catalac (Multihull) thus have much more room for your money!

<hr width=100% size=1>