Southampton area

Cannis

Visit site
Hi. Im looking for a place... Marina or more off grid.. To keep my 25M ex harbour tug ( liveaboard) . Constructive replies would be refreshing!?. It does have an engine. It is registered to SSR.

Tranona

Visit site
Hi. Im looking for a place... Marina or more off grid.. To keep my 25M ex harbour tug ( liveaboard) . Constructive replies would be refreshing!?. It does have an engine. It is registered to SSR.
Not sure why you think it is relevant to say it is on the SSR, particularly as it cannot be because that is restricted to vessels UNDER 24m. The register does not actually make your vessel "legal" as it is purely a means for identifying the boat as British when going outside UK territorial waters.

V1701

Visit site
Kemps Quay welcome live aboard I believe and have certainly got the length of pontoon to accommodate 25m. Worth a call to them

Prices are very reasonable as well, I'm tempted myself. If they welcome liveaboards they are amongst a small and dwindling number who do...

billskip

Visit site
Not sure why you think it is relevant to say it is on the SSR, particularly as it cannot be because that is restricted to vessels UNDER 24m. The register does not actually make your vessel "legal" as it is purely a means for identifying the boat as British when going outside UK territorial waters.
It could be under 24mtr Load Line Length.

billskip

Visit site
Part 1
ITC 69 - is required for all new registrations for vessel over 24m load line/registered length. The ITC must be completed by a surveyor from either the MCA or a Recognised Organisation (ship inspection and survey organisation) listed in MSN 1672.

billskip

Visit site
Thats Part 1. OP claims his boat is the SSR, different requirements.
OP says SSR, but does not say
Part 3.
A 25 mtr loa boat can be registered on SSR part 1 and if the load line length is less than 24 mtrs it does not require a tonnage cert.
Boats over 24 mtrs in length can be on the SSR part 1 as I understand it.

billskip

Visit site
The "Small Ship Register" IS the Part 3.

UK Ship Register, UKSR has four parts. Part 1 can accept vessels of any size.
View attachment 141598
But Part 3 AKA the SSR, which is the term used by the OP, is limited to 24m LOA.
Ok so if I registered on part 1
I would not have a small ship although your post says quite clearly any size.
I suppose I should say UKSR
If UKSR is United Kingdom Ship Register, I would have a SSR on the UKSR....or are you going to say 24.5 meter is a big ship?

Tranona

Visit site
Ok so if I registered on part 1
I would not have a small ship although your post says quite clearly any size.
I suppose I should say UKSR
If UKSR is United Kingdom Ship Register, I would have a SSR on the UKSR....or are you going to say 24.5 meter is a big ship?
You are just confusing what is very simple. SSR (Part3) is totally different from UK Ships Register (Part 1). The requirements and status are very different. That was the whole point of my post. The vessel does not qualify for Part 3 (SSR) because it is too long. This register is a simple document that allows UK resident pleasure boat owners to identify their boat as a "British Ship" when going abroad. It is restricted to vessels UNDER 24m OVERALL.

Part 1 is a register of title and requires a tonnage survey along with evidence of clear title.

As the vessel is over 13.8m it is subject to different rules from smaller vessels, but that is not connected with registration but depends on what the vessel is being used for.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
You are just confusing what is very simple. SSR (Part3) is totally different from UK Ships Register (Part 1). The requirements and status are very different. That was the whole point of my post. The vessel does not qualify for Part 3 (SSR) because it is too long. This register is a simple document that allows UK resident pleasure boat owners to identify their boat as a "British Ship" when going abroad. It is restricted to vessels UNDER 24m OVERALL.

Part 1 is a register of title and requires a tonnage survey along with evidence of clear title.

As the vessel is over 13.8m it is subject to different rules from smaller vessels, but that is not connected with registration but depends on what the vessel is being used for.
Quite right. He's not listening. Or is arguing for fun. I gave up replying.

billskip

Visit site

What's all that got to do with the OP looking for a berth?
Why did you pick the OP up an a simple mention of SSR, I think most will know what the OP means , his boat is on a ships register.

Tranona

Visit site
What's all that got to do with the OP looking for a berth?
Why did you pick the OP up an a simple mention of SSR, I think most will know what the OP means , his boat is on a ships register.
I questioned why he thought it was relevant to looking for a berth. The fact is that it cannot be on the SSR because from what he says it is no eligible. Suspect there are issues related to this boat and finding a berth that the OP has not revealed.