Solution for washing clothes!

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
Hey everyone,

Saw someone using this washing device yesterday, it truly washed clothes very well so here's the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrubba-SB...e=UTF8&qid=1466141092&sr=8-1&keywords=Scrubba
There are other versions of this on Amazon too, the one with the best reviews is about £10 cheaper.

Just thought I'd share, definitely looked easy compared to scrubbing everything by hand :)

Happy sailing,
Samantha

Tricia

Visit site
Just met someone who puts her laundry into bin bags (she uses transparent blue bags). She puts several pieces of laundry into bags along with water and detergent, ties a knot in the end and leaves them in the sun. The motion of the boat slooshes everything around, if she is in a marina, she lines the bags up along the pontoon and every time she walks past she gives them a jiggle with her foot. She says her laundry gets really clean this way.

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
Some good ideas,anyone have any rinsing ideas that doesn´t involve loads of water (I dislike badly rinsed clothes)

The eco friendly detergents seem to be less soapy than usual brands, should take less water to rinse?

Can't resist goading the catamaran haters, I only shared this topic to hopefully help others. Me? I just use my top loading washing machine :rolleyes: :encouragement:

rubbishman

Visit site
The eco friendly detergents seem to be less soapy than usual brands, should take less water to rinse?

Can't resist goading the catamaran haters, I only shared this topic to hopefully help others. Me? I just use my top loading washing machine :rolleyes: :encouragement:
Ooh get you!Top loading washing machine no less,how the other half live:)

damsis44

Visit site

Probably a 'Good Ideas' one. I had their twin tub on our cat, weighs about 12kg, washes 3kg, spins 2kg, uses 50watts for the wash, 70watts for the spin so runs easily on the inverter and I could by do a full weeks wash for 3 of us with less than 50 litres of water (careful rinse/spin). It was around £100 and I reckon it paid for itself 3 times over in laundry savings during the two+ years we lived aboard. (Sailing friends were so impressed they bought one too)

geem

Visit site
Some good ideas,anyone have any rinsing ideas that doesn´t involve loads of water (I dislike badly rinsed clothes)
When we got our boat it had a washing machine. It was badly installed and blocked access to the generator so it had to go. What we have now is two black builders rubble buckets. One is for washing the other for rinsing. We have a white knight spinner that we run from the inverter or generator. This removes virtually all moisture as it spins at twice the speed of your average domestic washing machine. It gets the soap out so we use far less water for rinsing.
The spinner lives in the back cabin and we get it out in the cockpit to do our washing. Very happy with the arrangement and wouldnt consider a washing machine.

truscott

Visit site
When we got our boat it had a washing machine. It was badly installed and blocked access to the generator so it had to go. What we have now is two black builders rubble buckets. One is for washing the other for rinsing. We have a white knight spinner that we run from the inverter or generator. This removes virtually all moisture as it spins at twice the speed of your average domestic washing machine. It gets the soap out so we use far less water for rinsing.
The spinner lives in the back cabin and we get it out in the cockpit to do our washing. Very happy with the arrangement and wouldnt consider a washing machine.

Will second the recommendation for the White Knight Spinner. Ours is fantastic. It gets so much water out, a lot of the clothes are almost completely dry before they're hung out. Even in the winter, we were able to get our duvet covers dry in a half an hour or so.

We also store it in the back cabin and use it in the cockpit.

Cheers, PT

www.bavariayacht.info
Will second the recommendation for the White Knight Spinner [Link]

I'm considering one of these for home, does it not cause creasing?

My problem on the boat is not the washing: large builder's trug using feet
Nor is it the final wring: I leave stuff to drip-dry
But the three wrings between rinses kills me

Last edited:

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
Just go naked.

You'll get banned from the Ocean Village bars if you do :ambivalence:

Got to laugh, over the past week I've happily done laundry for 5 friends from MdR...all die hard "we don't need a washing machine" folk. Then they found out that it's 8 euro per load here in the marina...quickly followed by request to use mine :encouragement: