Soltron

chas

Visit site
A couple of weeks ago, I was gently guided towards Soltron when I posted a question about Diesel Bugs. I had a large plastic lemonade bottle of diesel that I had taken out of the drain plug of my tank. Even after the sediment had settled, it remained very cloudy. I put the remains of my Solton bottle in it (about half a teaspoon). 10 days later, it is as clear as diluted Ribena and about a third of the sludge at the bottom seems to have disappeared.

It looks as if the stuff might work!

byron

RIP
Visit site
Chas you will find that in the MotorBoats Forum the word "Soltron" is never used, people write "S*****N" instead.
Its a long story why but suffice it to say people are fed up with the debates on the stuff. The concensus is however that it is an OK product.

ô¿ô

Chris_Stannard

Visit site
It may kill the virus but be careful that you don' t get the remains in your fuel pump and injectors. Suggest you change your fuel filter, though I do not know if they are fine enough to make the difference. Change it again in about 10 hours to make sure. If that one looks foul continue until you get a cleraan filter after 10 hours.
I repeat advice from elsewhere and personal experience, if you have a means of draining the water (condensate) from the bottom of your tank it pays to do it on a regular basis. This both stops the corrocsion of the bottom of the tank and denies the virus the place where they breed (the interface between diesel and water).

Chris Stannard

byron

RIP
Visit site
Naaah! can't get me with the simple sailor bit, you guys have to be able to navigate in zig-zags which is far more complicated than us stinkies going in straight lines ;)

ô¿ô

davel

Visit site
I'd be grateful if you could do and post your results here. I've just bought a competing product which says it does the same as S******N. Plan to put some in my tank this weekend as an insurance policy. Boat launches tomorrow and I had problems with condensation 2 years ago after the winter lay-up.

Dave L.

DepSol

Visit site
It eats up the remains of the bug to a very small particle which passes thru your filters and gets burnt up so need to muck around just dose your tanks every time you fill up and never worry about bugs sludge or any other contaminates. Watch your economy increase and your emissions decrease, simple innit.

Dom

davel

Visit site
It's called Fuel Set.
Cost was £8.95 for 250 ml (Treats 1000 litres)
£16.95 for 500 ml (Treats 1000 litres)
£26.95 for 1 litre (Treats 4000 litres)

Claims as follows:
Contains no hydrocarbons, nitrogen or metallic ingredients. Fuel Set removes the moisture that fungi need to survive. Totally removes water from fuel systems, kills and disolves the diesel bug, treats all fuels, restores lost economy and improves performance, removes contaminates such as waxes, gums and carbon.

Dave L.

DepSol

Visit site
Yep know it well, it is good but doesnt work as fast or as efficiently as Soltron but is still a good product one the less.

Dom

chippie

Visit site
Re: Davel

I dont get it. If 250ml treats 1000 litres does the 500ml bottle contain a diluted product as it too treats 1000 litres?
The one litre bottle obviously has the same concentration as the 250ml bottle as it treats four times the amount.
Please forgive me if I am being pedantic and it is just a simple typing error.;-)

davel

Visit site
Re: Davel

Your pedantism is forgiven since your also absolutely right!
Oops, sorry, this was a typo, as you surmised it should have read 2000 lites per 500 ml.

Dave L.

davel

Visit site
Dom,
Phew, thank goodness for that !

I bought it 'cos it was easily available. It's still a mystery to why it's so hard to find S*****N given that it's so good.

Dave L.

DepSol

Visit site
Hopefully Soltron will be more readily available in the near future for all you guys and if it is not I will make arrangements for anyone who wants it to be able to get it easily via me if need be.

Dom