Solent winter visitor rates

PaulR

Home West Sussex, Boat on Mooring in Gosport
Visit site
hoping to get the odd night away this winter and so far have found that Bembridge (£3m)/ Beaulieu (£3.50m)/Cowes YH (£2.75m) and Lymington HM (£3m) are all showing on line these reduced winter visitor rates - very welcome reductions - have had a quick look on others websites but not found any reduced winter visitor rates yet - if you are aware of any please flag them up.

Thanks

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Yarmouth has monthly winter rates for those who want to park up for a while. That’s £30 a metre for finger berths. Daily comes out about £3 a metre, done in size brackets rather than actual measurement. If you stay a fortnight, they’ll charge you whichever is less.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Are there not cheap berths to be had at Island harbour over winter? Just a thought . Perhaps a nicer environment than Newport in the winter.
Status still uncertain. Don’t go if you want to make much use of the lock, though obviously if you want the services of the excellent and helpful Richardsons, it’s the place to be.

ashtead

Visit site
Yes Richardsons are very good I’m told based on what I was told by a Bowman 48 owner I recollect -rather surprised me he could gain access although we did access once at 1.95m keel - it’s very sad as they used to be more in control of marina I seem to recollect.

samfieldhouse

Visit site
I've been avoiding marinas and trying to support local yacht clubs and yards. I've had some lovely evenings at Gins Farm, RFYC, RSYC, Marchwood and Cowes Corinthian this autumn. I also recommend River Yar Boatyard if you fancy being somewhere different to Yarmouth itself.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I've been avoiding marinas and trying to support local yacht clubs and yards. I've had some lovely evenings at Gins Farm, RFYC, RSYC, Marchwood and Cowes Corinthian this autumn. I also recommend River Yar Boatyard if you fancy being somewhere different to Yarmouth itself.
And by the time you’ve got to River Yar, go another 400m up river, we might be aboard.