solar powered led's

James

Visit site
solar powered led\'s

A while ago (months), there was a small article about led's powered by solar energy. Cost approx. £5. Anyone remember the contact address?
Thank you

JeremyF

Visit site
Re: solar powered led\'s

Not certan about a £5 LED, but for £20 or less you can adapt solar-powered garden light to be a superb anchor light.

colin_jones

Visit site

They are called Solastuds.

Available at £5.99ea from
Electronic Solar Products Ltd
Nottingham Business Park
City Link
The Island Business Quarter
Nottingham NG2 4LA

0115 848 4962

Also from International Marine Supplies on 01427 617845

G

I cannot help with suppliers ..... but can I ask what you would use one for ???? I'm just curious !!

colin_jones

Visit site

I use mine as spoof alarms in boat, car, oubuildings etc ... also to mark some dark steps when we have visitors ... one marked a hole in the drive when we were installing a new gate ( the postie was very grateful )... they keep deer off the roses and rabbits off the grass....... futuristicaly, they could power mobfone chargers, pacemakers and if we can persuade the manufacturer to make a mosaic of several, it could even provide enough output to keep the batteries up well enough to cope with the fridge... besides, they are a lot of fun with which to baffle the kids and impress tHE uninitiated

G

I take it that this gem actaully is Solar Power Charged battery inside ? so that the light is on at night ??????

I haven't seen these, but if so ... could actually come in handy for a lot of other uses ...... when you've been ahsore .... a light over the side for making for with the dinghy, a light along the deck, a light in the cockpit etc. etc. The Mind boggles with what this gem could do !!!!!