Sod's law!

Solitaire

Visit site
Sod\'s law!

I took the little lady out the water this afternoon to do the usual pre season jobs - antifoul, anodes etc. After she had been blocked off I climbed abourd and lowered the leg - all fine so far! Removed the props and the prop anode and then relaised I needed to lift the leg a bit to get the remains of the bar anode off. Woul dthe leg go up - would it hell! Yesterday, I'd taken her for a run up Southampton Water and all was well. Now, I hear the switch operating the pump but no leg movement at all. The only thing I can think of is that the solenoid has suddenly given out on the dash set up. It's a 290 leg with the three way switch - new 2 weeks ago - and the push button to raise the leg past the normal trim position. Any body got any other ideas or have suffered a similar odd occurence? The trip pump and rams were new 8 months ago.
Ta ever so.

David

<hr width=100% size=1>

Solitaire

Visit site
Re: Sod\'s law!

Oh! I won't respond for the next few days. Just about to drive to Falmouth to bring a rib back by sea to Poole. Here's to sunny days and flat seas

<hr width=100% size=1>

dog

Visit site

Hi,

Had exactly this fault 3 weeks ago, pump had internal fault, was still working but not moving leg- replaced very quickly on warranty by Volvo- now all is well again.

Hope this helps.

Dog.

<hr width=100% size=1>

pistonbroke

Visit site

It's quite often the solenoid on the pump, seems to suffer with corrosion on the terminals, give them a clean up with some emery and a light coating of vaseline.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Solitaire

Visit site

Now in the hands of the company that fitted the pump in the first place -so we will wait and see????

<hr width=100% size=1>