So what is on your Winter task list - here's mine ...

superheat6k

Visit site
In the water ...

Install fuel polishing system - in hand
Replace Eberspacher with Chinaspacher - awaiting install
Replace shore power receptacles - in hand
Engine services - Oil, filters, belts
Transom varnish - in hand, but weather now a bit cold and damp to continue adding coats - using Le Tonk.
Strip / sand internal deck / floors and re-varnish (I expect this one will wait a year though)

Ashore ...

Antifouling - Silic One
Shaft bearings & PSS seals
Anodes as necessary

I am sure I will find a few other tasks to keep me busy

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Ashore
  • Strip out headlining in the aft and fore cabins;
  • Insulate aft, fore cabins and anywhere else I can stick some insulation behind a panel;
  • Cover insulation with material;
  • Replace sound baffling in the engine room;
  • Install 200 watts of solar panel;
  • Replace the windlass;
  • Le Tonk all internal and external woodwork including the cabin sole.
  • The yard are sorting out the P bracket as it wobbles!;
Afloat
  • Try and remember how to sail!
Thank goodness I retired some time ago.

FairweatherDave

Visit site
I'm always frustrated on this. Providing that I have antifouled and serviced the engine I have done the minimum....but it never satisfies. I would like to do the PSS seal and clean the fuel tank...not sure if that will happen. Like to get rid of my 12both system and fit a new switch panel...again not sure...largely due to my skill level/understanding electrics.... headlining is a bit droopy....doesn't bother me at all. Definitely might tackle the treadmaster in the cockpit....might....Meanwhile the biggest job always seems to be clearing the boat of cushions curtains and sails etc....and storing at home.....dammit this is a full time job:). Probably should reassess my view that the sailing season should be as long as possible ...but I hate paying for a boat ashore with a paid up swinging mooring vacant. Hey ho!

billyfish

Visit site
Moved from swing mooring to marina, got power, sanded cabin sole re varnished, moving primary fuel filter to locker so I can get to it better. Did the service(always try to do this end of season) taken the boom home to replace single point reefing lines (infront of the fire) she will love that. Then I think I will go back to sea as she is a finnish motor sailer with 2 heaters ???

harvey38

Visit site
Winter job list - get out on the boat more!

Since we took on ownership two years ago, every trip has involved work of varying degrees but doesn't that apply to pretty much all boats unless you are very lucky.

Our job list will take us well into 2024 ?

wingcommander

Visit site
Chinaspacerbasto installed and working a treat , new 20ltr calorifier fitted , new waterpump fitted (still left in the good old foot pump). Yet to wire in . Awaiting delivery of the bobil water heater ( designed to fit on the outlet of the Chinplannerbastos0acher. ) . I confess i am not expecting miracles from this kit we will see.!!

Praxinoscope

Visit site
1. Renew cockpit drain hoses and skin fittings, (the original plastic skin fittings are showing designs of degradation, the hoses are reaching the hard/ brittle stage, not bad after 40 years)
2. Wire brush rust on the top of the fuel tank, treat with Kurust and then paint with Hamerite .
3. Renew potable water intake hose Between deck fitting and tank.
4. Fit newly acquired Lazyjack fittings.
5. Replace plastic part of mushroom vent.
6. Make good with Topcoat a couple of small scratches on the Hull
7. service engine.
8. Anti foul
9. Wash halyards, sheets, spray hood and mooring strops.
10. Polish hull before launch in 2023.
11. Service sea cocks, and general Spring clean all round.

Should keep me occupied until next season.

GHA

Visit site
Winter here? Still in shorts and tee shirt, put a cardi on yesterday as we sailed off Albufeira though!
12deg last night ? Struggling to get over 20deg during the day ????
Tropics are temping once more -- ?
33h4fSG.png

Just need to swap a handful in todoist ??

Beneteau381

Visit site
33h4fSG.png

Noticed my butter had firmed up this morning. Dont keep it in the fridge, usually it is quite soft

Beneteau381

Visit site
33h4fSG.png

By the way, bought some second hand 10mm ISO chain the other day. I fed it to the winch, the gypsy is good BUT the square hole that I cut when I fitted the new windlass is a couple of mm too small and the links touch now and again and jam. I dont want to shave the hole because I sealed it with resin. So 30 mtrs of 10mm ISO chain sitting here for a new home. Galvanising is quite good. Cost me €15, Weighs 2.38 k per meter. If you can use?

GHA

Visit site

Daydream believer

Visit site
Wait for mast to be re fitted after new rigging & new furler fitted ---Anybodies guess .Hopefully 1Month

Then Re connect electrics & VHF,adjust rigging to required tension -1 day
Re fit sails & lazyjacks. Re threadle running rigging & set up other lines. -1.5 Days
Finish abrading remaining 50% of hull coppercoat & abrade keel antifoul- 1.5 Days
Apply shogun 33 to fin keel -0.5 Days
Clean inside again & put all the gear back on board, inc. cushions etc. removed for winter -1.5 Days
Allow another day for anything that I might have missed. Like charge the batteries & re fit the engine impeller, refill & flush fresh water tanks- 1 Day
Total 7 Days-- Mostly 2 weeks before easter for launch week after

Last edited: