So summer is coming what’s the plan

JumbleDuck

Visit site
My plan is entirely dependent upon Ms Sturgeon allowing Sassenachs to cross the border. It could be another summer in the garden room and shepherd hut.
Hoping to sail from the Solent to Scotland but depends if Wales and Scotland let us in!
I think the hope is to allow travel from rUK as soon after 26th April - pencilled in for the removal of internal travel restrictions - as possible. It probably depends on how effective Boris and his friends are, though ...

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Hope to see you on the river before then. But sounds a great idea - never been to the Scillies.
That’s also part of the plan. As is a few days in the Exeter Ship Canal for a hull fresh water wash, in addition to mooring up right outside a great pub, the Turf Locks and being a 30 minute bike ride from home. And a night at the River Exe Cafe. And hopefully a few nights at Lyme Regis.

Lots to do (y)

burgundyben

Visit site
With so many changes to flitting abroad and of course the dreaded virus what are you planning for this year’s cruising?
Will it be sit aboard in the marina sipping g&t with a little local sailing thrown in

or

something more adventurous around the coastline

Funny you should ask that as I was hoping to get to Scilly. Hopelessly behind with the boat...

So this year will be fooling around locally in the Searider. Doubtless a lot of time in Keyhaven.

Perhaps we'll get her afloat for a late summer weekend away.

Mister E

Visit site
Due to Pelvis damage just getting to the boat.
If all goes according to plan lots of local overnight trips.
If it goes really well a trip around Anglesey.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Well I don't suppose the French will have us now that we've been injected with the nasty AstraZeneca stuff so west to see our firstborn in Plymouth and see where we get to from there.

stevie69p

Visit site
May - probably kick around the Clyde, Bute, Arran and Loch Fyne. June, depending on what's allowed, maybe Ireland or alternatively round the MoK and up the west coast. Have planned 4 to 5 months off work, so no great rush.

ryanroberts

Visit site
Is there a flag for "I have never rafted a yacht before and have heard multiple conflicting stories about etiquette" given apparently most things that float in England have the same plan, Assuming it's allowed

steve yates

Visit site
Is there a flag for "I have never rafted a yacht before and have heard multiple conflicting stories about etiquette" given apparently most things that float in England have the same plan, Assuming it's allowed
When I left Maryport on my wee boat for my learning cruise a few years ago, I seriously meant to stick a couple of L plates on her just to give other boats a heads up when I came into port :)
Just another job I never got around to doing before leaving.

steve yates

Visit site
My mate has just rang today to say he'll get his twister in the water in scotland and get it ready to go and on it mooring at Glencoe, then I just roll up aboard, decide where we're going and take it there. It's like having a third boat in my fleet without actuall paying for it or working on it :)

So soon as my second jab is done I'll head up, gives me 10 days/2 weeks to play before starting shooting the summers weddings in the lakes. Weather will dictate but if its kind outer hebrides and St Kilda are beckoning at the moment.

Unless the lure of an adventure in my wee boat is too much and go for a wander in her down here and across the channel if allowed. Certainly I'll get some East coast exploring done in her July/Aug in between weddings and editing. She now has a working gas system and new interior, just needs rewiring, hull & cockpit cleaned up and painted and if I can afford it, new sails, then she is good to go.

westhinder

Visit site
I do hope we’ll be allowed abroad as the Belgian coast is a bit limited to spend 6 weeks.
It’s been a couple of years since I last was in Britain, so it would be nice to revisit some places and fill in some gaps,but what with the B and the C thing I’m afraid it may be another year.
We’ll see.