Snapdragon 26, what are they worth?

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Need some help guys. The father of a friend of SWMBO has a Snapdragon 26, its not been used for a long time, it needs some TLC. She has asked me for help to sell it for him. I dont have a clue what it might be worth, but he does need to shift it, lets say for family reasons. So, is there a market for them, how much are they worth?

MoodySabre

Visit site
Always a market for a boat built like a tank. May need TLC but I expect most of it will be solid. All mine needed after an insurance survey when it was 25 years old was replacement U-bolts on the rigging "because they were original" - did it but the old ones looked perfect. Sold it 3 years ago and in very good nick for £9300 with an almost new engine - and that's the big issue with an old boat as it represents such a high proprtion of the value. Tatty with an unknown engine condition - £4-5000. Good but old engine then £5-6000.

wooslehunter

Visit site
MS sounds about right. I friend of mine bought one with a good but old engine in fairly tatty condition the year before last. I believe the rpice was around £5-6k.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Thanks guys, I took a look on Boats and outboards and considering the described condition, I think our friends boat would be worth about £4K, and if they could get that, they would be happy. Oh it has a tailer as well, in the same conditon.

MrCramp

Visit site
I would start off at £4750 at least for the boat and expect to be bid down a bit. These are a good boat and ideal for a starter boat for a family. If it is a road trailer then that must be worth at least another £500.