Snakes alive!!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

You\'re joking

Arthur, half of the population of Sarf London carries guns these days and the police are no longer allowed to arrest anyone in case they dont like it. Even the police chiefs are weed smoking shirt lifters which probably accounts for the fact that smoking dope is no longer a crime. You go to jail for stopping somebody burgling your house and then the police help the burglar to sue you for assault. It takes a decade to get a hip replacement operation but a sex change you can have tomorrow. Our kids are illiterate but then so are the teachers. It takes more time to travel from London to Edinburgh by train than it did when Victoria was queen and it costs more than flying to New York. Petrol costs $6 a gallon, the weather stinks and you have to be Scottish to be a govt minister
Swap you for a few snakes
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

toobaz

Visit site
Don\'t Move!

Your better off there..............make friends with natives, but don't p*"" them off. If ya do, get a big stick!

Come to think of it, I'm getting a big stick............4 by 2 timber, I'm seeing my marina manager and get his attention with it!

tcm

Visit site
Emigrating

I've just spent the morning with my son age 13. He had earache, made an apointment, first one avavilable was 11:20. Waited in the waiting room til 12:05. Took 4 minutes with the doc who I think thought that my saying "he's got earache" as we arrived in his room was a bit rude and praps wanted a chat hence why he's 45 min late after only 2½hrs. Managed not to tell doc that he was a twat, which is the reason that we got chucked off the list of the last doctor who gave other son some drugs, he got a rash the next morning I took him back and he said I was rude.

I later explained the meaning of "professional" to small with example that altho I can build brick walls, I can't build them to time and budget, so it's useless. Likewise NHS doctors.

So small son offers the suggestion of moving to France. And I'm thinking about it seriously.

toobaz

Visit site
Seperated by the same language?

Souldn't that be, seperated by the same language? Working for an America company, the hang ups we have on words is unbelievable. Humour is OK, if you can get it to mid Atlantic. Failing that, they think you come from the moon!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: Emigrating

Having spent 8 hrs waiting in A+E with 2 yr old son & heir displaying all signs of meningitis and virtually having to beg a doctor to see him, I can sympathise totally.
Actually you were lucky to get an appointment. Round our way when you ring up the Surgery for an appointment the first thing they ask you is whether you really need a doctor to which the answer is 'of course I f*****g do, why the f**k do you think I'm ringing you in the first place' and then you might get an appointment in a weeks time if you're lucky and then only if its terminal

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: You\'re joking

Well I must admit to taking a sneaky look at SWMBO's Mail occasionally although, personally, I get all my totally balanced views from the Torygraph

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Arthur you\'ll be safe in Sumerzet!!

Four or five years not to bad Arther. I've been incarserated here for fifty three years. And SHMBO still wont let me out. No wonder I cant spell!

Dont forget to order your Burgee. PM me.

Haydn

Falcon71

Visit site
Arthur, I do not need to know this right now, couldn't you have waited until we werre airbourne before posting this amusing piece of information on the forum.

The big un is back, tonnes of muddy and v smelly washing to catch up on before we can pack. He has also decided that he hasn't enough cool clothes to take, so have had to spend £60 on 2 pairs of shorts from gap.... horrifying.

ArthurWood

Visit site
Sorry! It's unlikely to come back.
How many offspring are you bringing and what are their ages?
See you on Monday. Hm just started to rain a bit but it'll be OK by Mon.

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Arthur you\'ll be safe in Sumerzet!!

Haydn - the Norf was the friendliest place I ever lived in, even though all the buildings were black in those days.

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Burgee

I've come in a bit late on this, but have read most of the 100+ postings. One something was missing IMHO and that is what is the objective of having the burgee and what message is it supposed to convey. I didn't see any agreement or any logical approach to decision-making (gawd, I sound like I'm back at work)

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Seperated by the same language?

Well, it's not really the same language, it's American English as in Jamaican English, Indian English etc etc. Same origin, but largely thru ignorance has been bastardised/simplified and adpated to local use. Agree with the humour bit, though.

Falcon71

Visit site
Rain!!! that's not allowed. I'll have to adjust the packing now. I've the two children, The pocket rocket is 10 and the big one is 14. Decaff Tea is packed, anything like digestives or something wanted, only too happy to oblige.