Sitges day sail recommendations

GruffT

Visit site
Morning all.

I'm off to Sitges in a couple of weeks with Mrs GruffT and the family-in-law and while she's not a lover of the boats, she's agreed to us taking a day charter.

Does anyone with local knowledge have recommendations for a destination for an easy daysail - ideally with an anchorage / swimming spot for lunch.

If the weather is not up to scratch we'll re-schedule or not go.

Thanks all!

Gruff

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
The coast in that part of the world is not exactly the best for a day sail IMO. There's not much in the way of shelter if the wind is east through south to south west and the coast line is mainly beaches with no little calas to go into for a lunch time swim and siesta. That said, given the beaches, the bottom is mainly sand and holding is OK, so it's pretty much a case of finding somewhere that takes you fancy and dropping the hook. IIRC when we were making passage to Barcelona a few years back, we did exactly that and spent a pleasant hour or two about 100 metres off the coast in about 5 or 6 metres of water. You're a brave person if thinking of going swimming; whilst the weather is much better here than in UK, the sea temperature is not what I'd get into unless I had to!

Sitges itself is a lovely little place - have a good time whilst you're there.