Siracusa

sailaboutvic

Visit site
There been many a cases of dinghy and outboard being stolen from Siracusa, six we personally know the people , but the last case just last week of friends boat takes the biscuit.
Over night someone removed the prop and took the fuel tank while the dinghy was on the Davits and chained .

If you plain you anchor in Siracusa make sure your dinghy is well locked when ashore and while on the boat and close all windows and doors while ashore .
Lock it or lose it .

Sooty Dog

Visit site
I dont know how to link to a previous thread so I have just copied my previous post.

I have just fitted a wireless alarm with a PIR and built in loud (very) siren. It will also send me a text and call my mobile if it gets triggered. Cost less than £150 . It's expandable to include more wireless devices if you need to and it will take in either a normally open or normally closed analog signal. So I'm going to link it to a float switch in the bilges ..... just in case!
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...at-galatas-(poros)-greece#ZPjSShUwcoy4YAUs.99

I'm not on-board at present and can't remember the make / model, but if you search for wireless alarm with SIM you should find it. It's from a UK supplier and they are very responsive to questions.

Visit site
I've been a couple of times now and never saw or heard of anything untoward, though oddly, on the last occasion last summer I moored up my dinghy and hooked it around a streetlamp. When I came back I'd been relieved of my SS hook/clip and instead was tied up around the pole.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Well the warning out there it's up to people if they want to take note or note ,
I understand from our friends that if you report to the CG they are also warning people of stuff being stolen.

They getting very brave to remove stuff from a anchored boat while people are on board .
To night is the first time we ever took our dinghy back on board in all the years we anchored here .
it a real shame as Siracusa is a wonderful place with wonderful friendly Sicilian people .