Single engine motor cruiser?

boatbliss

Visit site
I’m looking for a c. 35 ft single engine motor cruiser to keep on the Hamble….have had twin engine boats but now looking for a slower pace, lower running costs with plenty of accommodation….any thoughts appreciated. TIA

SimonD

Visit site
This boat nicely illustrates the need to be clear about what you want from a boat. I looked at one for sale about 18 months ago. It claims to be 32 feet long but in reality is huge. Loads of space inside, an island berth, separate heads and shower (both huge) a spacious saloon and massive cockpit. It was a single engine (in a engine room you could walk around in). We concluded it was a brilliant liveaboard boat but that's not what we wanted. We ended up buying a Nimbus 320 - a 32 feet, single engine boat but that's the only similarity. So, be clear about what you want would be my advice.

Bouba

Visit site
This boat nicely illustrates the need to be clear about what you want from a boat. I looked at one for sale about 18 months ago. It claims to be 32 feet long but in reality is huge. Loads of space inside, an island berth, separate heads and shower (both huge) a spacious saloon and massive cockpit. It was a single engine (in a engine room you could walk around in). We concluded it was a brilliant liveaboard boat but that's not what we wanted. We ended up buying a Nimbus 320 - a 32 feet, single engine boat but that's the only similarity. So, be clear about what you want would be my advice.
It doesn’t seem to have another bedroom....which would explain it’s spaciousness. It’s definitely twin motor. It looks like the swim platform is fold up...and the funny captains armrest, which I thought might be folding to make more counter space might not be

boatbliss

Visit site
Thanks for all the input….I’ve looked at the swift trawler 30 and 34 before and either would fit the bill being single engine with a lot of room onboard…I did have a beneteau 30s in the past but that was too small inside…. I’ll keep on looking and in the meantime I’ve got a 2016 Jeanneau 41ds to sell if anyone is interested! Thanks again.

Greg2

Visit site
This boat nicely illustrates the need to be clear about what you want from a boat. I looked at one for sale about 18 months ago. It claims to be 32 feet long but in reality is huge. Loads of space inside, an island berth, separate heads and shower (both huge) a spacious saloon and massive cockpit. It was a single engine (in an engine room you could walk around in). We concluded it was a brilliant liveaboard boat but that's not what we wanted. We ended up buying a Nimbus 320 - a 32 feet, single engine boat but that's the only similarity. So, be clear about what you want would be my advice.
We looked at one a few years back. The engine room might give the appearance of being spacious until you look closely and realise that the only access to the front of the engine to change a belt is lying prone alongside the engine and trying to work at 90 degrees in the very small space between the front of the engine and the bulkhead. Things must be very tight indeed with twin engines!