Simrad TP32 issue

Matwill

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have a TP32 that sometimes will randomly turn me 360 degrees or more, not ideal with sails up.

Has anyone else seen this issue or know a way to fix it?

Mat

Alwind

Visit site
Hi Matwill, I've a vry similar issue and invested substantial time and did also some measurement but not result, no findings. Basically, I've an issue that eiher the TP32 stalls the function or turns the boat without any sign after approx 120mins. The 120mins can be repeared and is not in relation with ambient temperature. My boat is in the IJsselmeer, so also in the Netherlands. I recorded the mangenetic field with a smart phone and also the electric behaviour (voltage / current at the plug) with a Rasperry Pi. I noted that the currect drawn when running against the end position reaches good above 7A. I changed the power cable incl. plug to a much bigger size. I also tested the TP32 on behaviour on lower voltage. It did not show any missbehaviour down to 7,5V. But still, the 120mins problem remains. I expect it is a software issue but without help from the manufacturer i cannot do anything. So basically, i will give up and take the TP32 of board any buy another type. Simrad was only reacted once on my request for help but with no result.