Simrad response

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Maybe I sent this off to fast

I posted them a letter before I finished reading the posts on here, ah well, maybe they will reconsider the way they treat future customers>>>

Attn Johnathan and Jeff Sargent

Having recently read some messages by an owner of a faulty WP30 on the YBW yachting forums I have become rather worried about the standard of your repair warranty on your products.

It was said that the two year warranty on your products was from date of manufacture not from purchase, this worries me as I purchased my wheel pilot in September last year but it might already be out of warranty as we speak, as far as I am aware this is against the sale of goods act 1974.

Also I plan to sail to the med next year, another problem the poster had was due to his purchase of his WP30 in Greece, should my unit have problems while I am abroad it seems you will not repair under warranty unless I return it to the UK. This is a very odd condition for a company that is trying to become a leader in its field in Europe. In America do you think companies insist that repairs are only carried out in the state in which the item was purchased.

Please clarify my concerns, as until then I will have to boycott any future purchases and shop with your rivals. I bought my WP10 in good faith after the old wheel pilot was stolen off the boat, please help me realise that I have not made a poor purchase because right now your company is not one which I will recommend.

This is not a threatening letter, I am actually very concerned. Wheel pilots are not cheap, and right now I am seriously considering selling mine and purchasing a different brand, I need to be able to rely on any back up service on quite an essential and expensive piece of kit for sailing any particular distance.

Your Faithfully

I will post any response I recieve from Simrad.

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/TC_minicruise_2003_01.html>Cardigan Bay Cruise</A>

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Re: Maybe I sent this off to fast

mayby a good idea to send another e-mail ,saying how pleased you are at hearing that Simrad havedone the right thing
cheers bob t

<hr width=100% size=1>boss1