Simrad RD68 mic replacement

sheppard

Visit site
Hi, I posted this on an existing and elderly thread under the 'wanted' page and wonder if it might not get more response here, so please forgive for cross posting.

We need a replacement fist mic for the Simrad RD68 as ours has disintegrating cable sheathing. Did anyone ever find a solution to this? The radio is perfectly good so it seems a pity to have to change it. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

I have to say it's not great that Simrad don't have spares for any radio more than about 8 years old. Is this all they expect their radios to last?

Andrew M

Visit site
I bought a new Raymarine mic with cable for our 68 on a previous boat, sold the boat without ever fitting the new mic. It is still sitting, new, unused on a shelf in my office , if you're after the complete thing, mic with cable, maybe pm me with an offer ?

Andy

DanTribe

Visit site
This is a common problem with this radio.
when I phoned the service centre the guy said they would replace it free if I dropped it in. Trouble was, the service centre is in Stockholm!
I was quoted "about £150 + vat" from a local electronics pirate. More than a new radio.