Sim Card for the Cyclades

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
You will find several threads on this subject. It is generally acknowledged that Cosmote offer the best coverage throughout Greece. I now have a Cosmote mifi that is very reliable, currently offering 10 Gb per month for €30. Vodafone are OK, I have used a SIM from them throughout the Cyclades with very few areas where I could not receive a 3G signal. Wind often have attractive offers but their coverage can be shaky.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
You will find several threads on this subject. It is generally acknowledged that Cosmote offer the best coverage throughout Greece. I now have a Cosmote mifi that is very reliable, currently offering 10 Gb per month for €30. Vodafone are OK, I have used a SIM from them throughout the Cyclades with very few areas where I could not receive a 3G signal. Wind often have attractive offers but their coverage can be shaky.

Offer just run out , it's back to 5 GB .

Dave100456

Visit site
Thank you all for the information. In Turkey I usually buy the 1Gb for one week for 12TL (£2.75) or 4Gb for one month for 36TL (think thats the price) and these both give me adequate data allowance for weather, email, etc. so even the reduced Cosmote allowances should be sufficient.

Vyv, Do Cosmote charge you for the initial purchase of the SIM?
Thanks

[3889]

Visit site
I used Wind throughout the Ionian, Peloponnese and Cyclades this summer and found coverage perfectly acceptable - maybe not as good as others though, I can't say. Topping up on line gets you 3Gb for 10 euro, valid for a month. Sim is free from Wind shops, 6E from kiosks.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I used Wind throughout the Ionian, Peloponnese and Cyclades this summer and found coverage perfectly acceptable - maybe not as good as others though, I can't say. Topping up on line gets you 3Gb for 10 euro, valid for a month. Sim is free from Wind shops, 6E from kiosks.

We are at the moment sailing in company with old friends who have wind , they spend more time on our boat useing our internet then they do on theirs .
Since returning back to greece from Turkey in Aug we not had one day when we where not able to log on, with cosmote

Last edited: