Side mount sender for water tank

Gixer

Visit site
I want to fit a sender inside my water tank but as it’s under a seat cushion so I can’t mount anything on top.

l‘ve been looking for a side mount sender as I can get to one side of the tank easily and could drill though. There doesn’t seem to be many on the market and none from what I would call a well known supplier (ASAP). To have a full, half, etc sender would be useful but to be honest I’d be quite happy with just a on/off switch that actives a light to let me know the tank is low.

Anyone fitted one and have any recommendation?

Thanks

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
My water tank is also under a seat. It has a simple float and lever arm with a pointer, all mounted beneath a perspex panel on top of the tank. Perfectly functional. I see no need for constant monitoring of water level, once every couple of days is usually enough.

Refueler

Visit site
My water tank is also under a seat. It has a simple float and lever arm with a pointer, all mounted beneath a perspex panel on top of the tank. Perfectly functional. I see no need for constant monitoring of water level, once every couple of days is usually enough.

You mean like the gauges often fitted to generator tanks ?

JayDomK

Visit site
If the water is not used often, there really is no point in constantly monitoring the water level. After all, we roughly realize when we use a lot of water, right?

Refueler

Visit site
No ... like these :

generator tank fuel indicator for sale | eBay

s-l300.webp

Daverw

Visit site
We fitted 4 small float switch’s in the side of our tank, each to a small led, gave rough tank levels, 25/50/75/100%. Switch’s about £4 each from eBay, fitted through a 12mm hole

Refueler

Visit site

Refueler

Visit site
"Gixer" ... what ever sender you get - make sure you get matching meter to sender .. there are USA and Rest of World versions !!

The Sender I linked to is a complete set ... but you can get similar to Vyv's and also the magnet ring type where a ring rises a vertical tube ...... all good ... and can be found with very shallow heads that just bolt to the tank once opening cut.

There are even 90 deg bent versions - so you cut hole near top of tank at side and insert there ....

Gixer

Visit site
Thanks vyv and refueler, This is similar to what I fitted to my fuel tank. that one does protrude a but more than I like but I'll have another look for a less obtrusive one.