Show us your mobo!

PCUK

Visit site
It was done before I bought the boat, and was a major factor in deciding to buy the boat. Being realistic about the Irish weather, I didn't fancy relying on a canopy to shelter from the more inclement weather - the hard top changes the boat completely!

Do you know whether the original windscreen was used and the hard top built to suit? I will be doing something similar later in the year and this has given me some more ideas.

fdisk

Visit site
Do you know whether the original windscreen was used and the hard top built to suit? I will be doing something similar later in the year and this has given me some more ideas.

Yes, the original windscreen and side glass was retained - I'll try to dig out some better pictures of how it's fitted.

AndieMac

Visit site
Yes, the original windscreen and side glass was retained

Nice job, looks quite contempory. The side glass appears to have an extension from it's angled upper edge to the curved inner edge of the hardtop, is that done in soft plastic clear or something more elaborate?

Great background scenery in the second shot.

fdisk

Visit site
Nice job, looks quite contempory. The side glass appears to have an extension from it's angled upper edge to the curved inner edge of the hardtop, is that done in soft plastic clear or something more elaborate?

Great background scenery in the second shot.

Yes, the side glass is extended - it's been done with glass in aluminum frames to match the original construction. I've attached a few photos that give a better view of the hardtop - it's constructed in two pieces, fixed to either side of the radar arch.

Attachments

• inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0

PCUK

Visit site
Thanks for those pics. I've copied them and they will form the basis of my design. The extended side windows look splendid so I'll definitely be copying them!
I'll post pics of mine once it's done. At least six months away though.

AndieMac

Visit site
it certainly does!
this is a beautifully done modif.
(at least what we can see from the pics)

It's hard to get that 'correct' compromise between enough headroom and the low profile sleekness of the sport boat.
Then finding appropriate anchor points to secure it against quite solid transverse jarring.
The job on fdisk's cleverly incorporates either side of the targa arch, keeping it in two smaller, lighter sections, but the overall appearance is just one continuous piece.

ReneJK

Visit site
The Karnic we have is a great boat .. but as I love to play on the water as well I bought a nice little toy to take to the waves :)

Osprey hardnosed RIB w/ a 80HP Yamaha
fantastic "Day at the Beach" toy

Rabbit

Visit site
Very nice

My new tugboat,

010-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

067.jpg

Thats a very Handsom boat..........

kind regards.

Les.

16ft phil

Visit site
picked her up last week. first ever boat... and great fun! havent got any pics of her in the water yet though. :)

P1010671.jpg

P1010693.jpg

whats left of herne bay pier in the background.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Two years ago I started a thread on here about classic timber Trojan motor cruisers - http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211888

And I recently received a nice PM from the Owners of a 1967 Trojan Sea Breeze 31 called Lady Jane, asking if they could have some higher resolution copies of the catalogue.
Lady Jane lives on the Canadian Great Lakes; her Owners sent me a couple of photos of her, so I thought I would post one on this thread (with their permission).

LadyJane-TrojanSeaBreeze31-2.jpg

The previous owner looked after her for 38 years, and her current custodians have been involved with her for the past 3.
She is rather demanding on time, varnish and paint, not to mention petrol for the two big engines lurking down below - Lady Jane told me :

"We are having fun with her although our wallets are quite a bit lighter after this year’s engine maintenance bills. We may have to get part time jobs in addition to our full time ones!

We are having a fabulous summer here - we were off last week and we cruised to the 1000 Islands (which is just down the lake to the St. Lawrence River). We threw out our anchor and enjoyed five lovely days of swimming and reading and watching the boats go by. Every day was sunny and hot".