Show us your mobo!

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Is that the 44 that had the 430hp Sabre engines and was for sale for a long while?

Mike, that was moon raker she used to be in ocean village, it's been for sale a while now at newark, it's called Paris e, it needs some tlc now and can be bought cheap.

The downside is the motors are now obsolete as they based the engine on a Brazilian truck engine, pistons etc are no longer available. I have worked on that boat many times.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
IIRC she had Volvo's originally and the owner wanted some more oomph - so new TAMD75's were installed by Newark Marina.

The boat was owned by the md of Newark.
James, Steve and myself travelled to vilamoura in may 2002 with 2 new engines, shafts and props. We set too and did the whole job in 5 days, boy were they long days.
Steve did the dash, James polished and anti fouled, I spent most of my time fitting the engines in place, modifying and aligning them where the old 71bs were. She did 30.4 knots after that.

When the old motors were removed the fault with the old 71s was revealed, basically there was very little wrong with them, in fact only 1 motor had a fault, basically a rotten intercooler housing, £350 and it was as good as new.
The engines are now in Ian lumleys princess 45.

PatrickH

Visit site
Well we've had 29.8kts on the Humber so she hasn't lost much in 10 years :cool:

We had looked at "Paris E" first but didn't like the soft top and said to James 'it's a pity it isn't a hard top' - "I've got one over here" said James and the rest was our history.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Mike, that was moon raker she used to be in ocean village, it's been for sale a while now at newark, it's called Paris e, it needs some tlc now and can be bought cheap.

The downside is the motors are now obsolete as they based the engine on a Brazilian truck engine, pistons etc are no longer available. I have worked on that boat many times.

Thanks vp. Shame that she needs tlc. The Broom 44 is a lovely boat IMHO

Wavey

Visit site
Bought towards the end of last year. Literally a dream come true as I never believed something like this could be mine.

P1000533-1.jpg

Recently re-named in memory of my Mum in accordance with Dad's wishes but haven't got around to taking any new pictures yet.

AndieMac

Visit site
Bought towards the end of last year. Literally a dream come true as I never believed something like this could be mine.

P1000533-1.jpg

Recently re-named in memory of my Mum in accordance with Dad's wishes but haven't got around to taking any new pictures yet.

Nice story, thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy her, she looks fabulous.

watson1959

Visit site
....not that I normally like wind-ups, but I'd love to see the reaction if you posted this on the Thames Forum, with a the line .. "Hi, Newbie here, had a great time on the Thames last weekend, not many boats around so clocked 30knots between Staines and Chertsey.." and then just wait for the comments!! :D

apologies for thread drift...

Too funny :D I was just scrolling through this thread with my son: when we got to that pic I said 'Can you imagine us doing that on the Thames?' :D

Whopper

Visit site
Ok here's my baby. Mastercraft X-1. 2009 with 310hp 5.7l V8. Only the Americans can get 310hp out of a 5.7l V8 :D

I hope you guys like the vinyl. Maybe it might inspire some of the build threads to go for something a bit "out there"!

Also, ignore my friends posing!

Whopper

Visit site
And for my dad’s boat. Broom Ocean 38/38cl. Hull number 1 which featured in the original MBY article on the boat. It probably featured in a boat show of two at some stage in the UK. 1998 but not in bad nick! ;)

Excuse the general untidiness of the tender. His crew aren't paid as well as some of yours ;)

Also excuse the excessive fendering. Inland boating in Ireland is a contact sport!