Shengen Shuffle options to be reduced .....

Visit site
Its the same down South of France way. Italy moves their refugees to a "refugee holding facility" in Ventimiglia just over the border from France. Our place looks over the railway line just over the border and almost every night dozens of refugees walk up the line and disappear into France. Some are chased back down the line but not many. My understanding is if they are caught from a bit further into France they are relocated to Calais or somewhere on the northern coast till they are processed, or abscond.

Portofino

Visit site
? ? ? ?

This thread was about the impact on UK yachtsmen cruising in the med ... if you want to rail about refugees then try the Lounge (y)
But your link in your opening post #1 has refugees all over it as the reason the EU moves a step closer .
It confirms what I am saying and the sub links within it ,You have raised refugees , actually they call them migrants to use your link that you posted correct terminology .

Croatia can join border-free Schengen area, EU governments say

I thought the link was to be opened and read ? Then discussed.

Then the usual suspects disagree with my analysis and without any reasoning or rebuttal in a polite forum manor , immediately call for the mods to ban my posts because they disagree.

Is that it ?

Last edited:

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
But your link in your opening post #1 has refugees all over it as the reason the EU moves a step closer .
It confirms what I am saying and the sub links within it ,You have raised refugees , actually they call them migrants to use your link that you posted correct terminology .

Croatia can join border-free Schengen area, EU governments say

I thought the link was to be opened and read ? Then discussed.

Then the usual suspects disagree with my analysis and without any reasoning or rebuttal in a polite forum manor , immediately call for the mods to ban my posts because they disagree.

Is that it ?

The point of the post was that the EU has moved a step closer to Croatia joining Schengen ... the link was simply there to highlight the source and prove it wasn't speculation.

Your analysis is, as always, coloured by your politics.

I asked you simply to take your coloured analysis of EU immigration policy to the Lounge ... immigration was in your reply, which I responded to, I didn't mention it in my original post.

Most Brits had been counting on the EU continuing to drag its heels over the Slovenian border dispute and security of external borders. Looks like that has changed.

PS ..Croatia is already in the EU, has been since 2013 ... just not in Schengen. This made it a great place to take UK owned and EU VAT paid boats because they were in no danger of losing EU VAT status and their UK owners could sit there for 90 days and wait out their Schengen clock. This can only be done in EU countries not in Schengen .... if you go to Turkey for example, with an EU VAT paid boat, you need to use RGR to retain its VAT paid status in the EU. In short, going to a non-EU country to wait out 90 schengen days on your boat risks losing its EU VAT status if you are unable to use RGR in the EU country you then return to. So your boat is devalued by 20% while you live on it out of the EU.

That is also why this thread is in the liveaboard forum.

Last edited:

Zing

Visit site
.... if you go to Turkey for example, with an EU VAT paid boat, you need to use RGR to retain its VAT paid status in the EU. In short, going to a non-EU country to wait out 90 schengen days on your boat risks losing its EU VAT status if you are unable to use RGR in the EU country you then return to. So your boat is devalued by 20% while you live on it out of the EU.
You give the impression there is a risk of not getting RGR relief on returning. If it is a legal entitlement, then why is there any risk?

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
But who is to say , let's say in my case o have prove the boat was in the EU 2020 so it's EU vat status.
Now I go off to Turkey for say four years , return back to the EU and a year later the boat is put up for sale , who to say the boat was out of the EU for tho four years , who to say the boat lost its EU status .
What baggy posted is the letter of the rules , in reality it be hard to prove EU vat status as been lost .
It's a bit like the rule which say boats returning back to the UK which where brought in the EU have lost their UK status ,
As the owner was not the owner who exported the boat.
Someone who sails his boat back and then put it up for sale , having UK vat paid documents would be easily done the only problem would be if stopped while bring it across the channel.
The Question may be ask where has the boat been kept ,
but has anyone viewed a Boat in years gone by ever asked that question ?
I know I never had .

Seastoke

Visit site
Baggy can’t you take a joke I put something in jest , and you report me , but this time you did not get me banned that must be disappointing for you , now grow up.