SES Marine - Praise!

cobolt

Visit site
Having worked previously in the marine industry for close to 10 years (8 of those at Lewmar), I now find myself on the other side of the fence, as a punter who can finally enjoy sailing again!!

Our 13 year old Sailor A1 VHF was showing signs of serious UV wear (even though below decks), the PTT button on the handset was split and perished and the rubber outer of the coil cable to the handset completely crumbling and in many places no longer existent.

I emailed SES Marine (Sailor / Thrane distributor) expecting to try and purchase a new cable, or even new handset as the PTT button is glued on.

Much to my surprise I received a mail back within the hour, offering FOC a spare, though more basic, handset they had lying around. I received it within 2 days and have successfully transferred the cable and PTT button over to our existing handset.

Truly astonishing service and I thought worthy of a mention on here. In my prior life, it was forever a source of frustration to read online only reports of occasional hiccups in service levels, when I knew good work was done each and every day, so credit where credit is due.

I'll be sure to use their services in the future as and when needed.

Ben