September 1st.

Davy_S

Visit site
I can remember a few years ago, before we bought in Greece, we stayed at an out of the way place with fantastic views over Ithaka, we arrived back around midnight after a meal and drinks, as we quietly walked up the path a couple (Italians) invited us for a drink on their outside terrace. We emptied a bottle of wine and I nipped into our apartment and brought another, we drank that whilst putting the world to right, just as we were about to retire a Brit voice shouted, why don't you lot shut the f--- up and let us get some sleep! he then slammed the main entrance door and locked us all out. the Italian calmly smiled, took out a penknife, opened their shutters, then opened the main door and let us in, the grumpy Brit left the next day, he could have had a point, sound does carry however the language was not needed. since that day I have seen and observed rude Italians, Greeks and Brits. The islanders are quite happy to take the Italian coin, but in no way trust them! we are told they take car registration and passport details of accommodation seekers as lots of stuff goes missing if they have arrived by car. The same can be said of other nations who arrive by car, in fact it happens in the uk with Brits stealing from accom owners and Hotels. I like the islands when the mad rush is over, my own observation is that this year has been a mad 4 weeks instead of a mad six weeks, due to the uncertainties earlier this year.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
Il ...On a more serious note, I'm willing to bet that yobs is yobs whatever their nationality...Care to leave your possessions unlocked in Southampton or Newcastle... or wherever?

Ain't that the truth!
Only last night I repeated one of my regular quips, in response to the question: 'Weren't you worried about security sailing to there; I've heard it can be dangerous?'
"No, but as a teenager I went drinking a few times in Newcastle Big Market on a Saturday night; nowhere has seemed scary after that."

catmandoo

The Earth but normally in the place of the high st
Visit site
We're British. We like to moan about everything.

warning Some people when they say Brit really mean English .
As a Scot I have noticed this fact many times and felt like a second class citizen
No wonder such a lot of us want independance
Many times I have felt more at home with Italians, Germans and French . I do like the Greeks !

Alba gu brath

sailaboutvic

Visit site
warning Some people when they say Brit really mean English .
As a Scot I have noticed this fact many times and felt like a second class citizen
No wonder such a lot of us want independance
Many times I have felt more at home with Italians, Germans and French . I do like the Greeks !

Alba gu brath
Why cat ? We all british , two good freinds are from Scotland , at the end of the day we all the same .

Davy_S

Visit site
Why cat ? We all british , two good freinds are from Scotland , at the end of the day we all the same .
Good point Vic, while we are on about nothing in particular, I have noted in starship log, the 30th of August at the starship time of 3 pm I spotted a very well looked after motor Sailer anchored off Agia Efimia, it was of course the good ship Englander, I tried to spot Colin coming ashore and claim a pint off him as I have the scuttlebutt flag tattoed on my forehead,, he did not come ashore so we Scootered home and sulked.