Sebago Deck shoes - this is after 7 months daily use

shan

Visit site
So I have reported this to Sebago, who thus far have not responded. So how long is reasonable to await a reply, before I place a comment on Trustpilot or similar ?
Set up a twitter account and comment on there - companies seem to respond lightning fast when there is a comment on twitter.

Bandit

Visit site
Like any shoes, if you wear one pair of shoes every day you will kill them quickly, sweat rots them.

If you like the shoe and you intend to wear them every day buy two or three pairs and rotate them so they are worn every second or third day they will last more than twice or three times as long. also identify them ie pair A, B, C and date them with a felt pen.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

superheat6k

Visit site
So a brief mention in despatches on Trustpilot seems to get the necessary attention, and within just a few hours. I will feedback how this proceeds.
New pair now en route with sincere apologies, and a request I pass the duff ones to the nearest clothes bank or charity shop, or if not fit for passing on then to the local recycling centre.

i also found a pair of Quayside Sydney size 8 / 42 on eBay for £40, so they are en route too. Will soon have deck shoes everywhere !

TrustPilot is a wonderful tool.

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
New pair now en route with sincere apologies, and a request I pass the duff ones to the nearest clothes bank or charity shop, or if not fit for passing on then to the local recycling centre.

i also found a pair of Quayside Sydney size 8 / 42 on eBay for £40, so they are en route too. Will soon have deck shoes everywhere !

TrustPilot is a wonderful tool.
Please post picture(s)

Refueler

Visit site
First thing I do before trying on a pair of shoes destined for the boat >

Check soles are actually white and not just lacquered over to be white .... then that the soles are soft ....

Why ? I am fed up cleaning of scuff marks left by non-white soles. Soft so they actually grip.

I don't care about brands .... If a cheap pair of tennis shoes / gym shoes do the job - then that'll do. If they last the season - I'm fine. Most actually last longer. I am one who tends to decide on a pair shoes - and they become dailys whatever I am doing ...
My present 'deckies' are Nike ... bought in Sportland Shop in town ... princely sum of about 50 euros .... yes genuine ... I was surprised at the price - expecting much higher.

bignick

Visit site
Weird. I am now on my 3rd pair of Sebagos over about a 12 year period. I started with Clovehitch, then bought Triton, now back to Clovehitch again. I wear them day in, day out, for work, sailing and general mooching about. So much so that I have to throw them away when I have literally worn through the soles. I have never had the upper pull away from the soles at all, even though they have been soaked in saltwater and everything else.

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
I have a pair of Sebago Docksiders, on the boat for shuffling round the cabin, that I bought from the London Yacht Centre. They went out of business just after the Romans left, so they must be getting on a bit :(

Alicatt

Visit site
I have 2 pairs of Clarks, well, they were on end of season discount @£12 per pair so why wouldn't you. Comfortable and have good grip on the deck, if they last out the year I'll be more than happy.
The wife cannot pass a Clark's shop without going in and usually coming out with something