Sealine S37 Bow thruster

ian38_39

Visit site
Afternoon All,
Does anyone have any knowledge of what Bow thruster Sealine fitted to the S37 and also how to get to it.
I have a survey (not commissioned by me) that states the overhead gear oil reservoir is empty and requires topping up. The thruster works and the survey claims there is no evidence of external or internal gearbox leaks.
I have never known a surveyor pull a boat apart to examine anything but the bow thruster is under the bed in a location that there is no obvious access to.
Thanks, Ian

Momac

Visit site
On my F33 the bed base opens up to reveal the bow thruster together with the oil reservoir .

ian38_39

Visit site
On my F33 the bed base opens up to reveal the bow thruster together with the oil reservoir .
Thanks Nomac, there didn't appear to be any logical way to open it. The bedding storage hole is too far forward removing the locker itself only allowed you to get to the bulkhead in front of the thruster.
Did the bed lift to open or pull out of the way?

Momac

Visit site
On my F33 the bed base is hinged on one side.
But of course a S37 could be completely different.

Seastoke

Visit site
That’s me…:D
From what I remember it’s under the bed. Just take off the mattress and at the bow end there is a cubby hole. The reservoir is in there.
Or
It could be hidden behind the bed draw. Pull out the draw completely and look inside the vast cavity
I knew you would be lurking.

ian38_39

Visit site
That’s me…:D
From what I remember it’s under the bed. Just take off the mattress and at the bow end there is a cubby hole. The reservoir is in there.
Or
It could be hidden behind the bed draw. Pull out the draw completely and look inside the vast cavity
I think it is behind the draw but how do you get the draw out?

ian38_39

Visit site
Survey is probably one of the best I have seen, still full of the normal caveats but he does seem to have tried to get to anything. There is also no mention of stupid things like "the kettle is dented" which I have seen previously.He has also included information that he gained from talking to another engineer regarding the engines, obviously caveated that he could not be responsible for the accuracy, but helpful all the same; especially as it allowed me to chat to the company who did the sea trial before it was put on the hard.
Rolled the dice on this boat, as the deal had to be done straight away, and there was no time to relaunch and sea trial before the owner had to move the boat from the yard, The marina needed the space and he ran out of time to sell. I have either bought an expensive Caravan or a cheap boat but then life is a gamble.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Original Sealine supply could be QL which was a division of Volvopenta or god forbid Max Power , I believe Max power went bust some years ago , it’s possible the Chinese have copied it .

Momac

Visit site
If its QL the joystick control may have the QL branding .
But sounds like it just needs the oil topping up.
Of course the QL oil was very special stuff that came in a little bottle.

Boat2016

Visit site
Original Sealine supply could be QL which was a division of Volvopenta or god forbid Max Power , I believe Max power went bust some years ago , it’s possible the Chinese have copied it .
QL if there’s a reservoir, Max Power are sealed for life, QL no longer made, Max Power are still going strong and supply new thrusters and parts, although their products probably aren’t….