Seagull 1963, 40 minus

Gin

Visit site
This engine has sat in my garage for 3 years or so. It was tricky to start and it was my intention to upgrade the ignition to Wipac Mk 3 electronic but i never did get around to it. It used to go like a train once I had got the knack but I’ve sold my boats and other gear so this won’t get any more outings in my possession.
It comes with spares- engine block, cylinder head, gearbox, (official Seagull User Manual and Spares List- if I can find them),- the fuel tap cork seal has dried out causing petrol to leak - a new seal has been obtained but not yet fitted, so the tank remains dry at present. The engine sits on a two wheeled, porters type, barrow for easy storage and using it with my flushing tank, this latter split last week and has had to be recycled .
How much? Well I’m keen to move it on before moving home imminently and want it to go to someone who wants one of these engines; I see that prices hover around the £100 mark even without assurances that they run reliably; my spares, trolley and Manual , fuel canister, can of correct engine oil, cost around £40 so,-
What about £90 for starters? buyer collects from Bromley but possibly could deliver within a reasonable distance

i have a couple of photos t they are too big to upload, so i shall have to reduce them and try again
Seagullmmm.JPGSeagull 1.JPG

Last edited:

Gin

Visit site
This engine has sat in my garage for 3 years or so. It was tricky to start and it was my intention to upgrade the ignition to Wipac Mk 3 electronic but i never did get around to it. It used to go like a train once I had got the knack but I’ve sold my boats and other gear so this won’t get any more outings in my possession.
It comes with spares- engine block, cylinder head, gearbox, (official Seagull User Manual and Spares List- if I can find them),- the fuel tap cork seal has dried out causing petrol to leak - a new seal has been obtained but not yet fitted, so the tank remains dry at present. The engine sits on a two wheeled, porters type, barrow for easy storage and using it with my flushing tank, this latter split last week and has had to be recycled .
How much? Well I’m keen to move it on before moving home imminently and want it to go to someone who wants one of these engines; I see that prices hover around the £100 mark even without assurances that they run reliably; my spares, trolley and Manual , fuel canister, can of correct engine oil, cost around £40 so,-
What about £90 for starters? buyer collects from Bromley but possibly could deliver within a reasonable distance

i have a couple of photos t they are too big to upload, so i shall have to reduce them and try again
View attachment 117652View attachment 117651
Pictures now attached