Seacock handle broke

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
The downfall of our garden furniture is not having a place to store over the winter……or covers……….and they were teak lookalikes from Carrefour 15 years ago🙂
These will be treated with 6 coats minimum of Le Tonkinois and brought under cover out of the weather during winter.

Bouba

Visit site
These will be treated with 6 coats minimum of Le Tonkinois and brought under cover out of the weather during winter.
Think carefully to yourself.....shall I continue this project here or over on the What’s going on here? thread....you are welcome to continue here if you think this has more followers

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Think carefully to yourself.....shall I continue this project here or over on the What’s going on here? thread....you are welcome to continue here if you think this has more followers
No I have answered the two relevant enquiries so should their be any more interesting developments I will start a new thread and perhaps post some assembly pictures. But thanks anyway I wouldn't want to intrude or overstay my welcome 😁

Bouba

Visit site
Any pics of the new valve in situ ?
Well done @Bouba getting the job done. If the only water flowing is the stuff on the inside of the valve and you can turn it off then you have a winner..

As @Portofino says, any chance of a pic or two of the finished job. Always nice to see a picture of the patient once they're fixed up. :D:cool:
This is the best I can do for now…

Ferris

Visit site
Genuine question on using Sika 291i for sealing fittings onto Thru hulls - is that best practice? I would have thought that whatever chance you might have of removing a fitting from a thru hull with a non-adhesive sealant you will have no chance with 291i?

I've always used hemp and boss white for this reason, and mostly because an octogenarian ex-plumber with a boat in the same yard told me to.

PS - good job Bouba - if it floats it boats!

Bouba

Visit site
Genuine question on using Sika 291i for sealing fittings onto Thru hulls - is that best practice? I would have thought that whatever chance you might have of removing a fitting from a thru hull with a non-adhesive sealant you will have no chance with 291i?

I've always used hemp and boss white for this reason, and mostly because an octogenarian ex-plumber with a boat in the same yard told me to.

PS - good job Bouba - if it floats it boats!
It’s a fair question…and one I asked myself before I started..,but my research showed it was best practice. Also, despite the fact I had two opened tubes of 291i, the wife insisted I buy a new one before I start and the shops were still open 🙄😉
But reviewing the job, I would have been happy to have used plumbers tape