Scotland - When do you plan to launch?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Dumfries & Galloway had 3 cases between 3rd - 9th April - not none. Tableau Public
Meh.
I posted on the 8th and the two on 7th hadn't then appeared in the stats. Nevertheless, we had no cases for eight days before then.
HlLKX7r.png

You'll see that we're currently at five cases in the last seven days, which is 3.3 per 100,000, right at the bottom of Level 1. And in 13 days' time we're due to go to Level 3. Whoop-de-flippin' -do.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Meh.
You'll see that we're currently at five cases in the last seven days, which is 3.3 per 100,000, right at the bottom of Level 1. And in 13 days' time we're due to go to Level 3. Whoop-de-flippin' -do.
Make your dissatisfaction known in the ballot box next month. If you are not happy do not vote SNP.

Personally, when it comes to things within my control like where I go and who I meet and where I meet them, I am treating it like we are in the tier 1 we should be.

Shame there are things outside my control like the shops and businesses still forced to be shut when they should at least in some form be open now. If I were one of those I really would be seething and making a point of the unjustified restrictions we are currently in.

ianj99

Visit site
I was going by what I heard on the news, they did not mention the border.

you are right, you have to wait until 26th April to cross the border.
Better not change either as I have a van booked to bring all my boat gear back to Ardfern and un mothball the boat on the 29th.
Can't wait - it's been a long 18months shored up in the yard since I moved back over the border.

D

Deleted member 36384

Be careful with this high pollen count, there could be restlessness with sniffing, sneezing, coughing and wheezing. A country mob with fire brands and pitch forks may not be open for excuses!

8 hours to go.

dunedin

Visit site
Car is loaded ready to go. I reckon about a week to fix all the wee jobs I started before lockdown and then slap on the liquid money to deter critturs. Time to wind up Neil for the mooring.

I’ll keep a look out for you on the M8 then :cool: Off to Largs for a sail.

And with the announcement by RYA Scotland that can stay overnight at anchor from tomorrow (single household only, and if fully independent from shore facilities), will there be a YBW Celtic cruise in convoy round the Mull next week?

D

Deleted member 36384

Today I went to Craobh and the roads were busier than they have been but much quieter than I would have expected, all the way up. The car parks at the foot of the Cobbler were very full and lots of walkers about. Craobh is very quiet and looks locked up. Berth holders can phone the chandlery for access and use of toilets is allowed as expected All in all surprised at how quiet it is. Launchings are happening and boats are moored out on Loch Melfort. VHF chatter is non existent except for CG weather.

ianj99

Visit site
Today I went to Craobh and the roads were busier than they have been but much quieter than I would have expected, all the way up. The car parks at the foot of the Cobbler were very full and lots of walkers about. Craobh is very quiet and looks locked up. Berth holders can phone the chandlery for access and use of toilets is allowed as expected All in all surprised at how quiet it is. Launchings are happening and boats are moored out on Loch Melfort. VHF chatter is non existent except for CG weather.
Probably like Ardfern when they are not fully opening until the 26th when Quen Nic will let us Sassenachs over the border.

I bet it was a joy to have deserted roads. I'm not really looking forward to the drive up on the 29th in a hire van and expecting long delays at the Rest & BT (is the main road back in use?)

D

Deleted member 36384

Main road is open but traffic control. They had two greens on when I went through, on coming traffic having to pull into works to sort out the mess. It is supposed to be a convoy system on the main road.

dunedin

Visit site
We were out at Largs yesterday, on a beautiful day with perfect sailing wind and full sun. Amazed to see only two other sails out, but car park was busy so lots of people doing commissioning work perhaps.

Surprisingly M8 was much quieter than the previous journeys, with only a few traffic jams around the Kingston bridge area.

awol

Visit site
Yesterday there was hardly anyone at JWD, today lots more. Bit of a nuisance that only the disabled toilet is open. Loch Seaforth was being parked by tugs as I left and the Glen Sannox looks even further away from completion.

wully1

Visit site
The road out past Cruachan was busy today with the organ donors out thrashing their race canned bikes in the sunshine.
Fortunately none of them splattered themselves over the scenery so the road home remained open - unlike two weeks ago.

Oban was busy with land based visitors enjoying the sunshine but no boats out in the chilly east wind - it’s nice to see the town coming back to life.

It‘ll be strange seeing the place full of folk you don’t know and to see the annoyance and confusion of people who don’t know they are driving on single track roads once again.

Last edited:

JumbleDuck

Visit site
We had friends round to visit this afternoon, with fish and chips round the fire this evening. First visitors to the house since last summer. Felt nice, but odd.