Schengen 90/180 post Brexit (again... I know!)

nortada

Visit site
That would solve a lot ? Can you remember where you heard that rumour?

Sorry no link, it was a verbal comment from a diplomat from Lisbon after a briefing and Q&A session.

It was at the the same briefing, although nor said in as many words, if the EU would not move on this then Portugal may have to go it alone evoking Grandfather Rights.

The possibility of continuing to recognise over 65 year olds' existing UK was another thing touched on.

Must stress nothing concrete was said, more thinking out loud, but I came away with the impression there is a lot more going on than we are being made aware of.

Last edited:

Whitlock

Visit site
That might work until a) they catch up with you or b) you want to come back to the UK
What you say makes sense, but in fact it seems that you just have to say that you are waiting at the coast until you can get an inflatable to get you across and they'll leave you alone. Certainly that seems to be the way that the French Authorities are working.

syvictoria

Visit site
What you say makes sense, but in fact it seems that you just have to say that you are waiting at the coast until you can get an inflatable to get you across and they'll leave you alone. Certainly that seems to be the way that the French Authorities are working.

I was disgusted when you joked about this the first time...

Whitlock

Visit site
You cannot really be comparing the 'problems' being discussed here to the plight of homeless refugees and asylum seekers?
I am referring to the attitude of the French police when dealing with the homeless refugees and asylum seekers. Very different to their supposed attitude to over stayers in some mythical future.
The problems being discussed here I don't see as problems at all, just a return to the way things were and totally survivable.

syvictoria

Visit site
I am referring to the attitude of the French police when dealing with the homeless refugees and asylum seekers. Very different to their supposed attitude to over stayers in some mythical future.
The problems being discussed here I don't see as problems at all, just a return to the way things were and totally survivable.

(my bold). That probably says it all. I was only born in the 70's, so no real memories, but I hear it wasn't really 'all that'.

st599

Visit site
What I mean is ....yes the UK have agreed to give the EU 6 months stay in the UK... But going by the uk government website the 6-months stay is only for working people not tourist.
Indeed, the RYA said the EU offered 6 month tourist visas for all UK citizens if the UK reciprocated for all EU citizens. The UK declined.

nortada

Visit site

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
What I mean is ....yes the UK have agreed to give the EU 6 months stay in the UK... But going by the uk government website the 6-months stay is only for working people not tourist.

According to Euronews -

EU visitors to the UK will be able to stay for longer: they can visit as a tourist for up to six months without a visa, under immigration rules for foreign visitors exempt from short-stay visas
They will also not be allowed to work, or to attempt to live in the UK via frequent or successive visits. Passports must be valid for the duration of the stay, and visitors may be asked for details of accommodation arrangements, financial support and return journeys.