save my marriage

briandoc

Visit site
my soon-to-be-ex-wife begs me to ask if anyone has any suggestions on how to remove fairly large amounts of teak oil staining from a cream/white GRP deck (please don't ask).

If no answers are forthcoming I would also be interested in the address of a sympathetic divorce lawyer although this would be a shame as she has been quite satisfactory in other respects

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
If you're really desperate, try some of Haydn's (user name 'hlb') magic boat removing elixir - it's a commercial detergent.

Otherwise Oxalic acid is a good starting point. Buy it neat and cheap, or buy a oxalic acid containing cleaner from a Chandlers at greatly increased price.

<hr width=100% size=1>Err, let me know if Depsol enters the forum, I'll go and hide

peterb

Visit site
It might sound strange, but try Swarfega hand cleaner scrubbed on then washed off with water.

I doubt whether oxalic acid will work. It's very good on rust stains, etc, but not so good on organic materials like teak oil.

ccscott49

Visit site
Petrol, then jif or something similar, teak oil isn't organic, it's a petroleum based product.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfkal

Visit site
Dunno whether acetone will save the marriage but it would work well on the oil stains.

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site
Dump the wife.

And you'll quickly lose this compulsion to be so houseproud. Why scrub decks when you could be out sailing?

robind

Visit site
"Brake cleaner" is the answer to almost everything (well engine oil on new teak decks anyway)
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rejuvanu.com>RejuVanu</A>

thalassa

www.wv-saeftinghe.nl
Oxalic acid will certainly not work on oily stains, and keep acetone off anything GRP!!!. Try any non-polar solution, like petrol, or best of all, but not cheap: WD-40.
Most people are not aware also that WD-40 is one of the best glue-removal tools around.
P.S. a box of Belgian chocolates helps too...

<hr width=100% size=1>

Oldhand

Visit site
Re: Dump the wife.

But you were just lazing under you bimini last Saturday Andrew, scrubbing decks must be better for the soul than that!

<hr width=100% size=1>

johnt

Visit site
Re: ACETONE

IT WILL ALSO REMOVE THE GELCOAT ....BUT WHAT THE HELL THEM OILSTAINS HAVE GOT TO GO !

<hr width=100% size=1>

johnt

Visit site
Re: lubricated glue

you try lubricating glue with anything ..then see how well it sticks !...........personally I just use thinners

<hr width=100% size=1>