Samsung printer - outside chance of a solution

Gwylan

Visit site
Outside chance someone can get me out of the 'do-do'

It goes like this, Saturday afternoon have a print job to get finished and out of the way. So, what happens, the printer dies.

This is a Samsung CLP365, colour laser. Has worked perfectly for over 12 months up to the last hour.
The printer goes through its warm up process and checks the toner and lasers. Then it comes to the paper transport and starts to engage and stops - red-lights on and the whole thing stops.

Plenty of toner and the p.c. and it were talking moments ago. PC talks and prints to the Canon toy printer - not got enough consumables to complete the print job on that.

Looked like a paper jam, but no paper jam can be found. Went through the necessary to clear a jam and then it all goes T.U. Reluctant to disassemble it unless I get some insight which of the 300 screws I ned to undo and which bits of plastic I can lever off with impuinty. Am very reluctant to consider a service visit - will cost more than a new printer!

40 mile round trip to get to possible replacement this evening or tomorrow. Could go scorunging around the village for someone who will let me print several copies of >60 pages. Or look a bit weak on Monday asking the client to print the report. Could say I emailed it to 'save the planet'....... wonder if they have a fax with enough paper in it?

Oh farque

bush boat

Visit site
Although I'm not familiar with the particular model, the symptoms sound like a full toner waste container. Do a google to find out where the container is, they're supposed to be replaced but can actually, usually, be easily removed, cleaned and replaced. No promises, but it's worth a shot. When the container is full a sensor automatically stops the printing.

Gwylan

Visit site
Thanks for that, waste toner container full - in haste I tipped it down the loo!

Anyone knoww how to remove a lot of toner dust from the toilet pan, toilet seat, walls and floor.

Yet to see if it actually made any difference to the printer.

greenalien

Visit site
If you get a similar problem in the future, you could always email your files to a local print shop, such as Staples, and get them to print your documents for you. Obviously, it'll cost a bit, but if the job is urgent it may well be worth it.

huldah

Visit site
Thanks for that, waste toner container full - in haste I tipped it down the loo!

Anyone knoww how to remove a lot of toner dust from the toilet pan, toilet seat, walls and floor.

Yet to see if it actually made any difference to the printer.

Modern toners are very light and dusty. Use Fairy Liquid to remove it.

Gwylan

Visit site
Welkl done, did actually have to disassemble it - but it stopped the dreadful hammer - so HID is very happy. Client not so, emailed it and take the flack later.