Sails by Crusader

Deben Sailor

Visit site
We're needing a new mainsail and have had quotes from local lofts and Crusader who appear well set up with their computer cutting etc. Can anyone comment on the quality of their workmanship?

rjcoles

Visit site
I have found them to be excellent. I have a storm jib, genika and a mizen staysail from them, no problems with quality and they were good on price and more importantly set great..

Usual disclaimer - just a very satisfied customer.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
They needed a little pushing on my part with regards to delivery dates, and meeting them (or otherwise), but nothing serious...

The quality of their workmanship however is excellent.... I received a new main and genny from them about 6 weeks ago, and am utterly delighted with their cut, set, and the general quality of the construction.

They were also competitive on price considering they design, cut and sew all in the UK

nickd

Visit site
Had a new genoa off them a year ago, it has been excellent and their service was very good
Another satisfied customer

surekandoo

Home:Nottinghamshire Boat: Blackwater Marina, Esse
Visit site
Had new main & roller genoa from them this year. Delivered on time as arranged, competitively priced and appear well made.

Had a problem with an undersized main - too short in the foot, they'd made a mistake with the measurement - this was replaced with no quibble again to an agreed deadline.

I have been very pleased with their service, communications from them have been especially good.

RobBrown

Visit site
Purchased a new main for my Moody 29 a couple of years back. Excellent sail, delivered to time and the quote was the cheapest of 8 or so UK sail lofts. I was particularly pleased to be able to go with an entirely UK based and located business

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
Full suit from them. Fully battened main, Genoa and cruising chute with snuffer.

Top marks!

Comments -
Sail bag for the main is long enough for longest batten ( 4.5m ) so about 2 1/2 times as long as it needs to be and it just wastes material and gets in the way. If you are going this way ask them to supply a sock for the battens and a properly sized sailbag for the main.

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
Had a new Hydranet genoa and fully battened main from them in May, since then I've sailed from the south coast to Orkney via Cape Wrath and then down to Largs. The sails are still as good as the day I put them on, great service, great workmanship, great to deal with.

They were slightly late on their expected deadline, but I believe this was down to a shortage of Hydranet, and they delivered them by my deadline.

I also had a no.3 working jib cut down to fly from the storm jib fore stay, but the genoa reefs so well I haven't needed to use it.

Sail quality is excellent, shape is great, and I don't have to worry about them in a gale.

We also had a new stack pack from them, it's the only stackpack I've seen that you can roll away and still leave the lazy jacks in place. It should last a lifetime as all the zips have flaps protecting them from UV and the webbing straps can be easily replaced when the UV has taken it's toll

Very much recommended :)

Last edited:

alexrunic

Visit site
I can't fault them either had a main a storm jib and a cruising chute, all good quality and found them to be very good on price too.

Burnham Bob

Visit site
inherited a full set of crusader sails with the boat. had the genny valeted by a local sailmaker who said 'its not a bad sail that.......'

and that's probably as good as it gets! plus they are very helpful - full of good advice at the Boat show last year

antcollins

Visit site
Another happy customer

Have been very pleased with my genoa and delivered internationally on time too. Am going to replace the main for next season and will be going back to them.

PeterGibbs

Visit site
We're needing a new mainsail and have had quotes from local lofts and Crusader who appear well set up with their computer cutting etc. Can anyone comment on the quality of their workmanship?

Go with it - they know their stuff. Have bought from them over a number of years. My new main this year has put new life into my 12 year old boat. Andrew Cross purveys good sensible advice in a no-nonsense way.

I see another post complains about the size of their sail bags - that could be my fault because I drew to their attention that a new sail off the floor could well pack into a A4 envelope, but fresh off the boat I didn't quite manage to squeeze it so small!!! I'm happy with the big bag........

PWG

Elemental

Visit site
We shall see

Go with it - they know their stuff. Have bought from them over a number of years. My new main this year has put new life into my 12 year old boat. Andrew Cross purveys good sensible advice in a no-nonsense way.

I see another post complains about the size of their sail bags - that could be my fault because I drew to their attention that a new sail off the floor could well pack into a A4 envelope, but fresh off the boat I didn't quite manage to squeeze it so small!!! I'm happy with the big bag........

PWG

I've just ordered a new main from them (the last shredded itself at Fecamp...). They do seem to know their stuff and Paul was very knowlegeable regarding my boat/rig.