Sailing croatia (pics) etc

Jobs_a_ good_ un

www.beneteau393.co.uk
Just got back from summers hols and trip to adriatic
All went well with new boat except the windlass gave up the ghost during the 1st week we had to wait a week while
croatia07086.jpg

Typical croatian anchorage at Skradin

a new one came from Italy
Its very difficult to get yacht bits and expensive over there
Theres some fantastic yachts about
croatia07027.jpg

Tied up to the edge of a wood on Dugi Otok theres lots of mooring bouys about the charge is about a £ 10 per night
croatia265.jpg

The beautiful Island of Zlarin tree lined avenues with flowering bushs
croatia211.jpg

The cruising shute worked a treat winds were fairly good most of the time the strongest we had was 40 knts which we had on 2 occasions
croatia165.jpg

The view from the castle at Hvar
There were lots of cultural sights with many beautiful old buildings
Can you see the Yacht in the harbour withe the red canopys
croatia188.jpg

The Quarry on Brac where the stone for the white house comes from
croatia202.jpg

The pretty Island of Vis
croatia155.jpg

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Your just trying to cause trouble I think.

Look at those photos?!!!

Do you know what sort of sailing weather other people have had to contend with this season!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Goodge

Visit site
Great pics ... I'm out there on the 18th for a week with Neilson Holidays.

Sailing out of Dubrovnic.

Do you have any recommendations, place to visit, bars, restuarants, good anchorages etc.

Any tips would be useful

Jobs_a_ good_ un

www.beneteau393.co.uk
We didnt go as far sth as dubrovnik only as far as the sth coast of brac
I can tell you its great to anchor drop the hook and take a line ashore we did 12 nights on the trot at anchor
Im sure you know that the wind is better after midday for sailing and disappears almost completly in the evening
Some of the islands have limited facilties ie shops restaurants etc
Go into town quays as opposed to marinas most have water leccy etc at half the price of the marinas
Most people speak very good english and are very friendly
Let me know how you get on further sth as were based in Zadar and plan to go to Korcula/dubrovnik next season
Regards

Goodge

Visit site
Thanks for the tips, I'll certiainly give you the low down on Dubrovnik when I return.

I'm getting quite excited now !!

Oliveoyl

www.yotblog.com
One week out of Dubrovnik probably won't get you much further than Hvar, so you may have to leave Skradin, Brac and points north for another time.Must sees are the islands of Mjlet, Korcula, Hvar (or Sv Klement). Wrote up our "best of" on the blog which you can find in the profile (not much good with links.)
Green with envy, we haven't been since last year, and won't be back until 2009.
Enjoy

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Nice pics.

Vaguely thinking about Croatia next year, after the success of our excursion to the Sporades but I've heard that mooring charges can ramp up the cost, particularly in marinas (only charged once in Greece, at Loutraki: €1.62 for the night - extortionate /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). I realise you anchored a lot, but is £10 per night typical - or is it generally more?

Jobs_a_ good_ un

www.beneteau393.co.uk
The marinas are expensive 40ish quid a night but I hated them after the 1st week jam packed stern to along side a load of squeky squarking people from various nations
Mostly the louder people from various neaby coastlines
With regard to the anchoring and picking up buoys you get a bit of peace and quite anchoring is usually free in some bays you do have to pay
If you prefer town quays the average for our 42 fter was £ 20 ish per night
We did go to the ionian before croatia for a week earlier on in the year and it was heaving compared to croatia
That was wher we got hooked on the adriatic

Achillesheel

Visit site
I have been to Croatia a couple of times now, and marinas are very expensive.

It seems to me that Croatia has realised its popularity and they are trying it on a bit, putting up prices.

Beware restuarants offering fish prices per kilo.

Keep away from marinas, we paid £30/35 per night quite often for a 36 footer.

We loved the Kornatis, Vis, Hvar, Skradin....

duncan

Visit site
thanks for posting Sami

like jhr I am looking to book for next week - will be 2 weeks August about 45ft - for the same 7 people that enjoyed the Sporades this year.

We too had heard that Croatia was expensive and with some parts extremely crowded.

All this advice - probably end up putting a pin in the map or drawing it out of a hat! Heard good things about Turkey but again it's also been suggested that certain nationals have swapped their towels for anchors in the best bits there too!

Metabarca

Visit site
Croatia is expensive if you keep to the marinas every night (or town quays, to a lesser extent). And if you eat fish (which is mostly frozen or comes from elsewhere anyway, in the summer). August (1st to 15th) is the busiest time of the year. However, my photo above was taken on august 6th... one other boat in the bay. And I'm not saying where it is!