Sail Online Leg 4 19th Feb 0700hrs

Dipper

Visit site
I've just poked my head out of the hatch and the marina's empty. It took me a few minutes to realise the race had already started. Damn!

Fantasie 19

Visit site
15 minutes late... can't even blame the sausage sarnies this time.. set the alarm and then fell asleep again... :eek:

So what do we reckon - stay north, or dive south for better speed and hope to be able to get back again when you need to?? Fleet seems split...

Martin_J

Visit site
or... how about mid way between North and South...

Looks like the weather past the Philippenes keeps changing by the day... Looking at the weather last night it looked like the doldrums twice..

BTW - Great watching the in port racing this morning.. hope you all managed to see it as well.

ybw_mjm

Fantasie 19

Visit site
6th!

size500_book_enjoyitkid_front500.jpg

:D:D:D

Spyro

Visit site
I forget who Booby_Trapper is (10th atm) but if you don't tack soon you'll be BBQ 'ing on the beach :eek:

It's me!!!
I was watching honest.
Seems I got my tack before that one wrong Trev has managed to gain about 5 or 6 miles on me Don't quite understand how it was so much after being neck and neck for so long. Ah well better luck next time.

pendlecats

Visit site
I thought it was, but wasn't sure enough, you could have thrown a hobnob on the beach when you tacked - :D

I had to go out and my auto tack was right time wrong angle, so I've now dropped back a little more.

Happy with this leg though (only because I didn't miss the start)

pendlecats

Visit site
Yes very well done there.

I'm on the edge of my seat ready to do a turn then I have to go out to a customer, my last tack will be timed :(

Hope it works *touches wood*

It did :D

Last edited:

Dipper

Visit site
Trev, Booby, Pendlecats and Pye End this is Dipper. I hope you can hear me as I've still got 276 miles to go. Well done on your top 100 placings. Out.