Sad Anorak

Timothy

Visit site
OK before you lot start the insults I thought it might be better to admit to being a sad anorak. We keep a detailed log of our boating season and having last week laid the boat up for the winter, I thought it would be interesting to add up some statistics.
During this year we have logged 244.9 engine hours, passed through 261 locks on the Thames and 22 on the Medway, travelled a total of 1,077 miles of which 829 miles were on the non tidal Thames. We used 185 gallons of diesel between two engines which gave us an overall fuel consumption of under 0.4 gallons per engine. Considering that we only use the boat at weekends and had two individual weeks holiday on the boat, I would say that the Thames licence fee (for us) is not bad value.
Anyone else keep a log?
Have a great Christmas everyone.

Tim

byron

RIP
Visit site
Nothing 'sad' about keeping accurate logs. I have mine dating back to the 1960s. Unfortunately I lost my commercial logs some years back.
Old logs make interesting reading in years to come and in 100 years time or more will be a valuable historical document.

TrueBlue

Visit site
You need to -

[ QUOTE ]
Old logs make interesting reading in years to come and in 100 years time or more will be a valuable historical document.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add some photos (sepia gives them authenticity) of your goodself, Unzergruppenfuhrer, odd antics from your "customers" and you getting apoplectic as n****b***ts scud past wearing inappropriate colours......

I say this not to get a cheap laugh (or otherwise), but I notice increasing interest from the younger generation(s) into their family's and local histories. Although there are lots of Thames pictures available, very little information is attached to them.