RYA - South Coast Organisation or national coverage?

MoodySabre

Visit site
I haven't read mine yet but it is seldom worth looking at. I like the fact that the RYA object to regulation of boaters (don't you hate that word?!) but other than that I can't see what they do for me as a non club member, non-Olympic hopeful, non-racer.

You don't have to belong to do the courses. I'm not sure why I pay to belong.

Adnams - hmm you might be onto something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pye_End

Visit site
Certainly plenty of regulation in this issue - especially if you pop over to the continent! So much for the EU doing away with all that. Seems to me that it will be just as complex than it was 'in the good old days'.

tillergirl

Visit site
I think there is an 'Easterly' News publication. I get sent it by email but since the great computer crash I've lost the link so it will have to wait for the next one.

Without wishing to seem like a recluse, I am begining to think its a good idea that no one thinks of us around here.

Vamoose

www.flickr.com
[ QUOTE ]
Without wishing to seem like a recluse, I am begining to think its a good idea that no one thinks of us around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on that one !

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Certainly plenty of regulation in this issue - especially if you pop over to the continent! So much for the EU doing away with all that. Seems to me that it will be just as complex than it was 'in the good old days'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, very big brother (Ugh!!).... and having to pay for the privelege. Not V impressed /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Will do when I see him! Perhaps the East Coast RYA reps are too busy off sailing the Baltic etc to write the report /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif - and NO I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER JOB!

Spoke to a guy on the RYA stand at Southampton yesterday. He immediately went into defensive mode sayign there was a lot in it about the olympics / regs etc. When he turned to the 'round the coast' or whatever they call it he had to admit defeat!