Russian Webastoski.

maby

Visit site
Owen,

In anticipation of our garbage Eberspacher failing yet again, how easy is it to drop one of these Russian things in as a replacement? I assume that the controller will not be compatible, but how about the ducting and pipework?

ghostlymoron

Visit site
How old is your eber? I would be interested in taking it off your hands.
Owen,

In anticipation of our garbage Eberspacher failing yet again, how easy is it to drop one of these Russian things in as a replacement? I assume that the controller will not be compatible, but how about the ducting and pipework?

maby

Visit site
How old is your eber? I would be interested in taking it off your hands.

Our Eberspacher is almost four years old and has seen relatively little use since it was broken for more than one of those four years. I will not replace it until it dies again, but given its appalling record and that of the main dealer, I certainly will not be spending any more money to keep it alive.

sarabande

Visit site
Owen

there's some confusion in the manual.

Consumption is quoted at 0.1 to 0.2l/h. That seems to be in line with other heaters. But there's also a reference to 0.8l/h. Can you unconfuse me please ?

owen-cox

Visit site
Owen

there's some confusion in the manual.

Consumption is quoted at 0.1 to 0.2l/h. That seems to be in line with other heaters. But there's also a reference to 0.8l/h. Can you unconfuse me please ?

I will be updating specs shortly. but 4kW gives following spec.
Heat power (kW, kW) 4 1
Fuel consumption (l/h) 0,514 0,12

Last edited:

sarabande

Visit site
OK, that's clarification thanks , but reading the website produces this:-

" Please be aware, that configuration and technical specification of products made for export is different from the one sold in Russia and CIS countries. In this case, the warranty in Europe and North America applies only to products made in special export configuration. "

Is there really any difference in spec ? I cannot understand why there should need to be. Or are they just trying to kill the ebay market where the products (supplied from Russia) seem to be heavily discounted ?

owen-cox

Visit site
OK, that's clarification thanks , but reading the website produces this:-

" Please be aware, that configuration and technical specification of products made for export is different from the one sold in Russia and CIS countries. In this case, the warranty in Europe and North America applies only to products made in special export configuration. "

Is there really any difference in spec ? I cannot understand why there should need to be. Or are they just trying to kill the ebay market where the products (supplied from Russia) seem to be heavily discounted ?

They have changed the pump, and glowplug for european spec. they are more reliable but the spec in theory is the same.

The reason the Russian supplied ones are cheaper is that you get a separate bill on arrival of up to £120 for VAT and import duty. You will find they also do not have a european warranty unless registered with an official european dealer.

Jonesey

Visit site
It wasn't obvious to me from the website how many outlets could be run from each model - is it only 2 outlets for both the 2kW and the 4kW?

Thanks

Pete

wizzer

Visit site
Yes retrofitting a planar heater would be straight forward to do just get in touch via phone or email to sales@planarheaters.co.uk and we can discuss it.
Owen
Hi Owen
Many thanks for your reply. I'm currently waiting for the electrical engineer to have a look at my Webasto HL24 as it won't start now, having run less than a handful of times since a service costing over £250. If I'd known it was going to be like this I'd have most likely changed it for a new Planar heater back at the time when I had it service.
As a matter of interest, I also have an Eberspacher on another boat which is also refusing to fire up, despite the boat itself having done less than 70 hours & I suspect the heater had done very few hours at all, if indeed it has been used.

owen-cox

Visit site
Hi Owen
Many thanks for your reply. I'm currently waiting for the electrical engineer to have a look at my Webasto HL24 as it won't start now, having run less than a handful of times since a service costing over £250. If I'd known it was going to be like this I'd have most likely changed it for a new Planar heater back at the time when I had it service.
As a matter of interest, I also have an Eberspacher on another boat which is also refusing to fire up, despite the boat itself having done less than 70 hours & I suspect the heater had done very few hours at all, if indeed it has been used.

give me a call any time and we can talk if you want to change over. I may be able to do something on trade in on old units too.

wizzer

Visit site
All good, thanks
I've sent a message to the engineer today, the gist of which is that I'd rather spend £500 on a brand spanking new heater, which has numerous positive reviews, than commit yet more towards a further questionable investment towards prolonging the life of the old HL24

wully1

Visit site
I've fitted one today in place of a D3L using the old ducting and most of the wiring and it's currently blasting out the heat.

The manuals are a bit strange but there are plenty good movies on YouTube that walk you through it all.