Runnig cost P35

G

Just had money from sale of P35. On paper we made a 7% profit on the sale of boat . The actual cost of ownership over 15 months for my partner & I was £250 ea. per month . This includes 40k loan , mooring fees maintenance and includes a major refit . We raised over 4k by letting the boat out for accomodation, during our ownership, without any problems what so ever with the clients ie damage / payment etc. My partner who put slightly more depo down cost him £211 per month just over £7 a day not bad for P35. Only charges not included is fuel. Maybe we were lucky but boating on a budget can be done . The boat is in far better condition than when we bought her aswell.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Congratulations, Mark. IMHO, the key to budget boating is buying well in order to minimise depreciation which you seem to have achieved. I bought my last boat at the same time as I bought my last car. After the brokers selling commission, it had depreciated in my ownership at a rate of about £2500 pa whereas my Beemer car has depreciated at about £9000 pa
And people say you have to be rich to own a motorboat!

G

Well done Mark I know you were getting a bit peed off with the problems such as the bow thruster and shafts and things. Did this play a part in wanting to sell her or are you just after a change ?

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

G

My business partner has a new girlfriend who hates boats, and they have just had a new baby and she has packed up work so priorities have changed. Obviously toys go first . I would have bought him out but Cheryl would give me such a hard time it wasn't worth the aggro. Everytime we have a row about money she brings up the f***'@* boat.

G

Suprised she agreed to ge to to Barcelona show then Mark. This is such a shame, cos I know your so keen on boating. What I would do now is become intolerable and sulk a lot due to lack of boating to stimulate me until she gives in. Then try to convince her of another one with possibly less outlay. She'll understand eventually

I know what you mean about wanting to boat out there once you see some of the flat seas (before anyone pipes up yes I know there not like that all the time)

Once I get mine down on the Costa Del Sol I'll let you know and youll be welcome to come out for a spin.

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)