RTI action shot

flaming

Visit site
One for the album.....brilliant.
Do you know what type of boat it was? Sigma 38?

Elan 40 called Magic. If anyone knows the owner, let him know and I'll send him the original.

Was a slightly scary moment - they held that wave for ages, enough time for us to notice and get the camera out! They came from about 200 yards back and nearly wound up in our cockpit! I've never seen such a heavy boat surf like that before!

And what you can't see is that there was another boat on the same wave! Sadly the only photo of both of them is very out of focus.

sailorman

Visit site
Elan 40 called Magic. If anyone knows the owner, let him know and I'll send him the original.

Was a slightly scary moment - they held that wave for ages, enough time for us to notice and get the camera out! They came from about 200 yards back and nearly wound up in our cockpit! I've never seen such a heavy boat surf like that before!

And what you can't see is that there was another boat on the same wave! Sadly the only photo of both of them is very out of focus.

might be worth posting here
http://www.yourboatpix.co.uk/browseText.php

Racecruiser

Visit site
Great shot Flaming - a yeeha moment which I imagine was bordering on 'oh **** keep the boat under the rig'. Even if the shot of the two boats is out of focus let's see it!

flaming

Visit site
Excellent pic!

Did you enjoy it & how did you get on?

Loved it! Wound up 7th in class and 60th overall in IRC. A decent result, but slight disappointment in that we were absolutely launched clear of our fleet at the needles, with only 1 other boat for company. At that point our policy of sailing with as many people as we could was really paying off - I've never seen upwind speeds like it before.

But on the back of the island we played it a bit safe and went with our chicken chute. Those that held their big kites simply surfed past us, and the 105s came past like we were standing still. Plus a big broach (about 5 min after that photo) which then lead directly into a big chinese gybe resulted in us having to unwrap the kite from the forestay before we could even put a jib back up. And when we did re-hoist we went with the same kite - which was probably a mistake as by then we were starting to get shelter in Sandown bay, and could certainly have held a bigger kite.

Back in the Solent was fun though. We took over 10min out of the boats we were with at Ryde, doing consistently 7.2 upwind in a 37 footer. Can't beat weight on the rail!

E39mad

Visit site
Good result and exciting stuff out there. I find there are always regrets in what could have been done better when analysing any race and how you could have overhauled a few more competitors - all part of the after race banter.

flaming

Visit site
Thanks, I have the pm, but now on iPhone and can't reply. Seems that people are finding it, so I'll leave it where it is I think.

Norman_E

Visit site
Thanks, I have the pm, but now on iPhone and can't reply. Seems that people are finding it, so I'll leave it where it is I think.

OK: For the future, if you use Photobucket the code you need is the bottom one of the four, called the Image code, it always starts with http://

If Flickr provide codes the correct one should start the same way.