RTI action shot

ianat182

Visit site
One of those iconic shots like the girl tennis player, the Glenans lighthouse in a storm, and the Vietnam girl . Memorable for various reasons! Worth syndicating?

ianat182

flaming

Visit site

sailorman

Visit site

E39mad

Visit site
Chap up the mast in a wipe out is not much fun - from what I can make out the foot of the assymetric appears to be loose which may have assisted in causing the broach - certainly a brown trouser moment!

flaming

Visit site
Chap up the mast in a wipe out is not much fun - from what I can make out the foot of the assymetric appears to be loose which may have assisted in causing the broach - certainly a brown trouser moment!

I think it's fair to say that all was not well on that boat - the kite was wrapped for a while, so up the chap went. He was evidentally sucessfull, as it came clear and filled with the somewhat inevitable results....

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Paddy, a chap I used to sail with, was once bosun on Griffin, the RORC's own ocean racer.

So, there he was on Griffin. Not much breeze, sloppy sea, the kite wrapped. Paddy went up the stick to free it. Masthead was rocking to and fro, side to side through big arcs; result, he was beginning to feel rather unwell. A little later in the proceedings he lost his lunch, from 50 feet up.

Down below, the entire crew was staring up at him, watching progress...