Royal Navy - Fast Motor Dinghy -'Dragonfly' restoration complete !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikBenson

Visit site
If you need to disguise a period fire extinguisher. . here are 3 pics

As you can see. I unsoldered the top part and withdrew the mechanism. Then I polished the joint so the top pushes easily back on. Then I joined the two at the back with a small length of brass chain, so i don't lose the top.
A modern aerosol extinguisher fits in neatly ! I used the chrome one for the Officers end of the vessel and a brass painted green one for the 'driver' - ( usually the ship's stoker ! ) This has the Admiralty arrow-head marking too.

DSCN0308_zps55d7c0fd.jpg.
DSCN0308_zps55d7c0fd.jpg
[/URL]

[IMG}http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/eckie2/media/DSCN0529_zps30497a20.jpg.[/IMG]
DSCN0529_zps30497a20.jpg
[/URL]

DSCN0309_zps3436f90d.jpg.
DSCN0309_zps3436f90d.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

ErikBenson

Visit site
Thanks Robin. . . . . .I will have a go. I have been helped by 'GGT' to put them into the forum, as I don't know how to get them there at a decent size. If he will continue helping , I can certainly produce a few more
Cheers. . .Erik

ErikBenson

Visit site
I have this footage shot last Spring. . .FIRST time we fired her up-It's in 2 parts

I don't know whether this will play. . if so. . .turn your sound up. . .and forgive Pam - - it's the first time she has ever done this.

At that time we did not know that the water pump keys had sheared. . . however all is well. . .I made up 4 more in naval brass - - - -from the bent prop-shaft - - -of course !!

Last edited:

ErikBenson

Visit site
Good morning. If you can, take a look at the latest issue of " Watercraft " magazine, out on the 26th of Feb, you can read the article about the rebuild of 'Dragonfly' . Lord knows how they managed to choose the pics out of the hundreds!
I hope you enjoy it .
Cheers . . .Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.