Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be navigating by the well proven "pub to pub" method

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be following the crowd

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

oGaryo

Visit site
Hi all, a quick poll to ascertain who will have a means of electronically navigating the course on the day with a device such as the Garmin 810 (I have this model). It will help us organise groupings if we have this detail

cheers Gary

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I use the Strava Android App on an HTC One which should do it. I need to get a bike mount for the phone to try it out. Up to now I've only used it for recording rides with the phone in my pocket. Don't know about battery life for the long ride though. Possibly re-charge at one of the rest stops?

Last edited:

z1ppy

Visit site
If I can get a quad lock or other device th hold phone to the bike I will use strava. I have been using it for my training and seems pretty good.

My garmin 200 will also be there but doesn't do route directions.

fireball

Visit site
Assuming I make it - I'll use my Edge 800 ... just need a GPX file for turn by turn Nav... that usually translates into "shouldn't we have turned left back there?" ... ;)

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
I use the Strava Android App on an HTC One which should do it. I need to get a bike mount for the phone to try it out. Up to now I've only used it for recording rides with the phone in my pocket. Don't know about battery life for the long ride though. Possibly re-charge at one of the rest stops?
Can't speak for all apps or phones, but my experience was that the battery life was 3 to 4 hours at best... (iphone and strava)

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Nice one, let us know how you go. Looks more reasonable than £40 for a quad lock!

The Finn phone mount has done a total of about 50 miles so far and is absolutely solid. Amazing how far the silicone will stretch to fit a big phone.