Round Britain day 16

R.Ems

Visit site
Excellent reports!
I started on page 1 and ended up binge-reading them all, many thanks for the journal.
N. of Peterhead is untrodden waters to me, all the way round to Ardnamurchan; I'm looking forward to Scapa Flow in particular.
Did you find it a pain for harbour entries, going up the E.Coast with the ebb so the entrances were shallow as you arrived? That coast, I imagined, is easier if you do it like I did, south-going?

Concerto

Visit site
Excellent reports!
I started on page 1 and ended up binge-reading them all, many thanks for the journal.
N. of Peterhead is untrodden waters to me, all the way round to Ardnamurchan; I'm looking forward to Scapa Flow in particular.
Did you find it a pain for harbour entries, going up the E.Coast with the ebb so the entrances were shallow as you arrived? That coast, I imagined, is easier if you do it like I did, south-going?
Not too much of a problem as I selected most harbours for all tide or almost full access except for Wells, where I aimed to arrive at high water, except I arrived 2 hour early! Still went in when others were told to wait another hour.