Rope/shoe baskets

hilaryjane

Visit site
Lots of Italian yachts have nice wicker baskets on the stern to store shoes/ropes etc. I can't seem to find anything like that in England. Any ideas?

tritonofnor

Visit site
I use a cut down ikea laundry box, made from walnut in a sort of grating style, to store the chain for my "lunch" anchor on deck. Took a bit of fiddling to cut down but looks the part. Not as durable as teak, but it's two years old now, and I can always get another at 19 quid a pop! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

trouville

N/A
Visit site
You cant find them in Italy either!!

Ive asked where they got them several times and they just dont remember as the wife etc found it or they were a present!??

Pier import had the one i used but it wasent really as the Italian ones?Or perhaps it seemed less so as it wasent so used!

I cant afford to retern to Italy unless i downsize. my current sailbaots far to big!??(port cost wise)

sarabande

Visit site
Try Somerset Levels Basket and Craft Centre, Burrowbridge TA7 0SG, who can source locally made baskets. They do import some Chinese stuff, however.

Alternatively there are a number of basket weavers who will make to specification. Try The Willow Shop, Old Council Deport, Dulverton, TA22 ???.

No connection other than a customer.