RNLI Demos

st599

Visit site
Hi, does anyone know how one organises demos by the RNLI?

It's for a club I belong to, would like some flare demos, lifejacket demos, practical hints and tips etc.

In the last version of Offshore News there was something about the deployment of people to local lifeboat stations to do just this sort of stuff. How does one get a date sorted?

st599

Visit site
Tried that last year- very helpful and then no response from local Bod. I'm sure I read it had been de-centralised - but will try RNLI HQ.

pennycar9

Visit site
Where abouts are you based? I am an RNLI flare demonsrator and I also do Liferaft and Lifejacket demos If you are east anglian based No Problem.Otherwise talk to Poole sea safety office and they will put you in touch with your regional co-ordinator

Billjratt

Visit site
You should have an RLNI SEAcheck inspector in your area. He/she will visit your boat and advise on safety issues, also will have contact with those who can arrange the flares bit - although the H&S police whingers will probably put a stop to any demos....... so you have to find out the hard way, at the wrong time. Beam me back to the 60's please

Peter_Chennell

Visit site
Good point, and I did consider the wisdom of it. However it is my job to be accessible to the boating fraternity (at least that is how I see it) so I think I'll take the risk. Thank you very much for your concern - let us hope I don't come to regret not heeding your advice.

Regards