River mooring to Med Marina liveaboard: The good, the bad, & the ugly?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Thanks for the tip: I didn't reaise you could anchor off the beach in La linea. I also noticed on the chart that Gib territorial waters stop 100m short of the new road unning up to the gates at la Linea. Might be possible to stay there for the odd afternoon before getting moved on. The biggest problem I see is trying to learn Portuguese.

La Linea OK off the beach but anchoring behind the breakwater not allowed. Another anchorage we use (not in easterlies) is near the base of the new bridge in Cadiz, dinghy into small boat marina. Learning Portuguese? Most of the younger generation speak English. I had an incentive not to learn, never had an argument with mother in law in 40+ years:)

rustybarge

Visit site
Easy to spot newly arrived expats in the Algarve, they'll be the ones asking for something a little too loud in really bad Portuguese. Easy to spot locals as well, they'll be the ones cheerfully replying in near perfect english :)

Learning the basics goes down well and is good manners but language isn't really a problem. :cool:

That's good news. :)

rustybarge

Visit site
La Linea OK off the beach but anchoring behind the breakwater not allowed. Another anchorage we use (not in easterlies) is near the base of the new bridge in Cadiz, dinghy into small boat marina. Learning Portuguese? Most of the younger generation speak English. I had an incentive not to learn, never had an argument with mother in law in 40+ years:)

Lol.