RIB charter and places to visit in Croatia

stav

Visit site
Hi,

(I am really from the other side but hoping for some practical guidance relating to RIBs). We are heading to a town, Petrcane outside Zadar in Croatia. Clearly as someone who likes to be on the water I am considering hiring a RIB about 6.5M. I have sailed for 40 plus years and have a level 2 powerboat. But what are the pros and cons of motorboating around here? How far can I take my grown up family (4 people, including my wife who simply hates boating with me, my two teenage daughters are well up for it though). How far from harbour would you go? Weather forecast is for very light winds for the week. Looking to get one with a canopy over the boat. Some general rule of thumbs would be nice, some good deserted bays? What are the tidal flows like in some of the narrow passages between the islands? Thanks in advance.

1720717913488.png1720717913488.png

truro expat

Visit site
We did charter out of Split last year on a 7 dy Prestige 460, it all went well and conditions were excellent all week and visited several islands certainly worth doing and Split has a numbe rof options and I think you can go as far as you want as very sheltered.

piratos

Visit site
Hello,
Well I am this summer in Croatia., though in the north of Croatia.
In a Rib you can go quite far out - but again depends on the sihe of the rib.
Boats are plentyful availabel for rent, so should not be a problem.
I do not know whether fee for nature resevate is included in rent, but othrwise be careful where you are going when renting out of Zadar.
As you say yourself - weather forecast for the next 10 days is for plenty of sun and only fair winds.

My feeling is that in Croatia everything is with an additional fee, but next year I will start heading south and over next 4 years cruise in fair weather and with plenty of time to the Baltic.

Enjoy

alt

Visit site
I have the number of a bareboat RIB in Dubrovnik. The RIB is in Lapad, but that's where most are anyway. As there were only 2 of us, the mother of the boat owner picked us up and dropped us back to Dubrovnik! I cannot remember the exact size, but would be fine for 4 adults. Think it was approx. 6m.

You absolutely need your ICC for bareboat - the owner took my ICC card, filled in paperwork and left a copy on the RIB incase we met officials (We didn't, it was coming to end of season).

PM me if you want his number - can book via WhatsApp and you both can save on broker commission.

-EDIT- Didn't read the thread / pics properly (I just saw 'Croatia') and you're not referring to Dubrovnik. Leaving this here incase it helps someone else in future.