Replacing SMEV gas oven with microwave.

russ

Visit site
Hope you don’t mind I’ve reproduced a page maybe yours. Looks great and £600 new.

9-F8-CD42-B-0-D1-D-45-FA-A207-E91-ACFA641-E0.png
no not mine. That’s on an S37.

nfluester

www.youtube.com
yes the oven is still available drop me a message if you are interested, i removed it and put the gas Smev one back in the boat to sell it, unfortunatley doesnt fit in our new S42.

Attachments

• 20210519_162522.jpg
    20210519_162522.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 20

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Search. “No longer cooking on gas” on the Sealineforum. Mine shown without the recently fitted top and bottom vent trim.
Russ
These ovens are primarily table top models which require 5cm on one side and free to air on the other. With the top and bottom ventilation you have designed does that seem enough to ensure not too much heat is sidewards generated. I understand in a boat application that you are unlikely to be roasting a turkey for 2-3 hours. :)

russ

Visit site
There is around 10mm spare either side plus holes cut in each side of unit. Plenty of space behind.
We have been using it for 7-8 months without issues but as you say not for a 3hr roast. Mainly we use the microwave.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Thanks. I wonder if that's a 600mm wide space?

Anyhow, I've bought what I hope will be a suitable microwave and phase 1 of the fitting is hopefully happening tomorrow. Phase 2 will be a custom trim kit yhat I'll have fabricated. Photos to follow I hope!
Looking forward to pics of trim etc
I, in fact, bought the one above from @nfluester with the advantage that it came off the same boat as mine. @nfluester made trim from 40 x 20 unequal angle black pvc with mitred corners.
The problem of how to fix it firmly was resolved (by @nfluester) by screwing a base plate to the underneath (with the legs protruding through) and then fixing the base plate from the draw underneath (if you get my drift) :unsure:
I‘ll be fitting mine next year.

1670971047386.jpeg

Last edited:

Richard.C

Visit site
Thanks. I wonder if that's a 600mm wide space?

Anyhow, I've bought what I hope will be a suitable microwave and phase 1 of the fitting is hopefully happening tomorrow. Phase 2 will be a custom trim kit yhat I'll have fabricated. Photos to follow I hope!

Pete, I'm interested to see your solution if you have progressed the oven replacement?

Richard