replacing NKE with Tacktick

archie

Visit site
I wonder if anyone can help.

I am in the the process of replacing the origional NKE depth/speed equipement aboard my 1989 Beneteau First 32s5 with a Tacktick system.

My main concern is the hull fitting, does anybody know if it is as simple as taking the old one out and popping the new one in?

If anybody has any advice it will be greatfully recieved.

cheers

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
It wasn't that simple on a friends boat, the old tube was a different diameter and difficult to access so a new hole was needed, If the hull hole is the same size it should be easier.

Leighb

Visit site
The Tack Tick unit has a built in flap in the transducer mounting which enormously reduces the water intake if you need to withdraw it whilst afloat, more relevant on the speed/log transducer, but useful nevertheless.

The NKE housing internal diameter would need to be exactly the same, and the external size and thread to screw down the sealing ring, unless that is the case, I would imagine you are likely to need to remove the old unit entirely, and that might mean enlarging or reducing the hole in the hull.

archie

Visit site
thanks for your comments but that is sort of my query.

i wonderd how much work was involved in changing the two over and if there was anyone who knew if the diameters were different.

reeac

Visit site
transducer swapping

You may not need to, airmar make most transducers, my tactic is connected to my old raymarine st30 transducers, may be worth a try
I replaced our original Stowe setup with Tactik and was advised that the Stowe transducer was compatible and so could be retained. This didn't seem to work out as we suffered from lots of false depth readings in shallow water [just when you need true readings]. I therefore went for the proper Taktik Airmar transducer which entailed boring out the hull to a larger diameter - I left that job to the boatyard. System has worked well since then. One point: if the transducer sits in a shallow well inside the hull as ours does - presumably to retain any spillage when cleaning the paddlewheel - make sure that there's room within that well for the larger diameter hole. There was in the case of our Sadler 29 but it was a close thing.